Highmaul Raid - Kargath Bladefist (Boss 1)

Started by Shadowwolf, January 07, 2015, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

Tolwen

This is not going to be any where as neat or complete as Shadow's guides, but I'm going to do my best to outline some of the key features and boss abilities.

Trash is pretty simple; focus on killing the ogres first and then the saberon. Just remember to switch to ogres whenever they come out and to face fire elementals away from the raid (they have a cleave).

Kargath Bladefist
This fright only has one phase and it's pretty straightforward

Most important thing to pay attention to is Berserker Rush. When he casts this spell, he will target a random ranged player and starts going after them. The way to deal with this is by kitting him into one of the 4 fire pillars (there should usually be 2 active at a time). When Kargath hits a pillar he stops chasing after his target and is stunned for a few seconds. I found the best way to do this as ranged is either standing behind an active pillar or very close to one; this way if the boss targets you, he just walks straight into the fire and you don't have to move as much.
Also do not stand in front of the boss when this ability is active or you will most likely die.

There are also 4 tiger pits around the corners of the arena, falling into one of them will most likely result in your death. They are pretty easy to avoid, just make sure you are not positioned in a way to get knocked back into one during Chain Hurl.

Chain Hurl

Kargath does a knock back and then starts casting this ability. Only the group of 5 that is going up into the stands will run back to him to make sure they all go up. he then throws those 5 people upstairs. The group will consist of one healer, the tank that has 2 Impales, and 3 dps. That group then needs to kill as many as the mobs as possible before getting thrown back down. I know some classes do better in the stands than the rest so if you have any suggestions or would want to volunteer please mention it.

Impale

This is the debuff that he puts on the tanks. I believe the way to go about it is having a tank take 2 (using a minor cd on the 1st one, and a bigger one on the second) and having the tank that has taken 2 go up when he does chain hurl.

I will add/ edit more soon:)