Changing Signup System Soon

Started by Shadowwolf, January 13, 2015, 10:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just a heads up,

I will be altering the signup system here on the forum to integrate directly into Blizzards in-game events system. The reason for this is because you can use the Blizzard Armory app on phones to view and sign up for guild events easily as well as the web via BattleNet. It makes invites easier and other things easier as well.

[attach=1]

How long this integration will take I dont know, depends on how cooperative the API Blizz provides is. More than likely the signup system we have now will be removed entirely and the links to events both on the main page and on the navigation menu will take you to the BattleNet page for that event.

The eventual plans for the Signup system was to build an app or make mobile viewing easier as most people use their tablets/phones to peek at the site these days for the schedule, so this saves me from having to build an app for something that already exists and utilizes more information directly from WoW that I wouldnt have access to.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

Thanks Shadow, That would be awesome! Didn't know you could view the in game sign up system from the mobile app.

Shadowwolf

Some preliminary testing has yielded some unfortunate conclusions where Blizz is not allowing access to the Events/Calendar via the API. So I will explore other means but this means keep using our system for the time being.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess