Site access issues

Started by usonian, May 01, 2007, 07:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usonian

I tried getting on the site from work like normal today and got the message:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site "www.twilightonalex.com"  Operation aborted."

I've never recieved this message so to check if it was a website issue I tried through a proxy server and it seems to work fine (if you are reading this, I assume it is).

Any ideas on what might be causing this?  Normally if a site is blocked at work I get the standard "cannot find the site" page.  I'm wondering if something happened with the way the site runs that is flagging it... I have no idea.

Arcdelad

Khanus

Shadowwolf

Should be ok now I think. IE is very picky about things and I added some code to do a nifty image viewing thing which apparently it wasnt keen on unless I made some other changes too.

http://www.twilightonalex.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

usonian

I'm still getting the error.  I'm running it through a proxy for access now, not sure why that works.

Shadowwolf

I hate IE.....

What versions are we talking about, I have 7 and I dont see it so knowing what versions it happening on will help me isolate it.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Try it now, I may have found the line of loose code causing it.

usonian

Still not working.

We're running IE 6.0.2900.2180 at work right now.

usonian

Works now:)  Grats to downing the IE beast - at least temporarily ]:D

usonian

and the beast rears it's head once more... maybe i'm not being nice enough to the website.

i love you website, really.

nvm.  working again.  i'll stop with the constant posts until it settles down.

Shadowwolf

I now know whats causing it, I just need to figure out why.

Shadowwolf

Ok, the nifty image box thing is up again, albeit in another form, and ive tested the site on a VMWare image with IE (shudder) as well as on my PC, had to dust off the navigation buttons tho since its never used, and it seems to have gone now. Let me know if anyone experiences it again.