Who says you need epics to top the dmg charts...

Started by Shadowwolf, September 23, 2006, 06:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

From the Onyxia pug...

DamageMeters: <Damage Done> report on 10/39 sources:
#01:  9.05%  Fareline          126762
#02:  8.38%  Ayrn              117476
#03:  8.16%  Pacificia         114373
#04:  7.31%  Fonzi             102452
#05:  6.93%  Spellfire         97174
#06:  5.47%  Blackfreid        76689
#07:  5.39%  Shadownova        75598
#08:  4.48%  Bulldawg          62770
#09:  4.07%  Lumpkins          57032
#10:  3.92%  Larsik            54996
Total = 1401326 (1401326 visible)

And I even died, hehe.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

Emmalina

Shadow and I were skeptical before we all charged in, but somehow we stayed organized, everyone followed directions, kept positions, the mages kept the whelps out of our faces, her Deep Breath only killed maybe 8-10 people, we kept the main tank standing and took her down in one shot. I'm surprised to see Blackfreid, the main tank, on that damage list. There was a main tank well....tanking, 8 or 9 healers who weren't doing damage, 4-5 mages controlling whelps, leaving 25 people to pretty much just hit Ony, yet only 5 could do better than the main tank (3 of which were mages rounding up the whelps as well as DPS'ing!). I guess all the very very slow DPS, and by slow I mean f***ing slow  ;) DPS doesn't add up.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

capnpop

That and Black has epics up the wazoo i believe...

Emmalina

Black is geared pretty darn well, but you still don't see the MT's very high on the Dmg charts very often.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

un4

un4

Shadowwolf

Pretty much everyone on that list has most of tier 1 aside from myself if not some of tier 2 items. All my stuff is piecemeal, I have maybe 3 dungeon 1 & 2 items.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

MrMatrixaplix

Genoism

dun think so matrix, we just finally started getting exactly enough for zg, another 13-ish people at least and we could take her...IF everyone was well geared AND knew what they were doing :p

Shadowwolf

Everything comes with time. We will get there soon enough when everyone is ready and smack her upside the head.

capnpop

yeah, gear is a must (unfortunately).  One of the most annoying things i've noticed with gear is that the PVP stuff, sucks.  I looked at what Gren has for his GM gear and can't help being a little disappointed.  I have as much +dmg as him (although my +dmg is 50% shadow only) and i'm wearing an odd combo of greens/blues and 1 non-trinket purple (I have ToEP for trinket but that gets me to around +461 dmg).  That is seriously BS.  The one thing that I am lacking is +stam stuff, but cheap enchants can start bridging that gap without too much money...  the one thing that the PVP set does help is if you are a strait up destruction lock...but for raiding...that doesn't make sense (unless you like dying...) (70% chance to resist interruption of destuction spell + 50% to resist interruption with searing pain + 10% more chance to crit with SP and +10% fire dmg = one really really big punch in the face that will not be interrupted (unless you get stunned, gouged, blinded, feared, ...ect))

Darkling

In other words, unless you get rogue'd to death.

capnpop

Quote from: Thingiebob on September 27, 2006, 08:54:37 AM
In other words, unless you get rogue'd to death.

nah, rogues are lucky enough to hack me for 1.5k hp, then get to beat through a VW shield (1.9k hps) and once i recover, they get a DC, Fear, Dots, Nuke...and if they are still alive, i just fear them til DoTs take care of them.

The best is using perception to see them before they get their stunlock from behind in, hit them with a fear and dots to keep them from stealthing again...then nuke away...

Grendeel

Capnpop i have +341 damage from my gear.  You are close to that?    Also with all the stam boosts im over 5200 hp  unbuffed.   Im more than happy with it and it is a signifcant improvement over what i had before this gear.   

capnpop

i have +286 with 1 epic (gonna have ZG epic wrists soon) with ToEP, +461

my HP sucks compared to yours as well (as in, you wouldn't need to pop a VW shield where i would, other than the non-interrupt)

currently at 2.9k hp unbuffed

if i switch my gear (get rid of my +dmg) i get to around 3.6-3.8 unbuffed but down to +150-200 dmg (+175 for ToEP)