Your Knowledge crits Physics GRE for 52!

Started by Emmalina, November 17, 2008, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmalina

Just have to do some RL bragging here for a second.

I'm a senior in Physics here at the U of A, and one of the major roadblocks in getting into grad school for physics is the Physics GRE, this horrible monstrosity of a standardized test that involved studying starting last summer, as well as 8 hour study days every day for the two weeks leading up to the exam.

Scores are scaled to those who take the test, so your score is the percentile of test takers you fall in, not the number of questions you got right. For the purposes of graduate school, the unspoken rule seems to be that you pretty much have to be in the top 50% of test takers for an admission committee to look at your application, meaning a score of 50% to 99%.

Just called in for my scores this morning, 52%! I cut it close, but for an admittedly average physicist like myself, seeing that I am in the top 50% of physics students (worldwide!) who are trying to go to grad school in the US is pretty exciting.

Woot!

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Belandand

Congrats! I gotta start looking into my MCATs really soon :(

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

un4

un4

Geos

fiere redfern

Oilslick

Woot indeed!  From one physicist to another, congratulations man.  I've thought about going back to grad school but abhor the notion of the GRE at this point in my life.

grunkatze

Nixphire

Grats Emma! Not too shabby since you probably play wow more then study :)
But I can't blame ya  :pumpk7:

Tolwen

Avelandra

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Jandris

kajunlady

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Arcdelad

are you bragging about going to U of A? really?