Dual-Talent spec wotlk!

Started by Tolwen, October 12, 2008, 12:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolwen

Fianlly!
[blizzard]Raids & Dungeons - The Dual-Talent spec feature will let you switch between your two specs without having to go back to town. You can perfectly do it between fights in a raid, however it won't be possible to switch specs in the middle of an Arena Match. Your keybinds and glyphs will be saved and automatically switched as you change your spec.[/blizzard]
Now i can't decide which one to choose, tank-dps, tank-heal, tank-pvp(which would be really close to tank_dps)....

fiere redfern

Woot, druids will still be able to tank and dps to the best of their ability without having to stick to one or the other  :Werewolf: win!

Vengeance

Quote from: fiere redfern on October 12, 2008, 02:01:19 PM
Woot, druids, warriors, pallies, and death knights will still be able to tank and dps to the best of their ability without having to stick to one or the other  :Werewolf: win!
fixed

Arcdelad

I will definitely use it to retain a cat form build and a tank build...

BUT...

I think this has to get tweaked or there will be problems....having people switch on the fly in a raid is a mistake IMO, and I realize this sounds a bit hypocritical coming from a feral druid that has traditinionally done so LOL

there is a huge push towards making this game fair to where you shouldnt bring one class vs another...there is enough hemoginization and duplication of benefits now to where it is somewhat effective...

however...letting people switch spec on the fly in a raid means that two classes now have a HUGE advantage - druids and paladins....we all know the two hardest spots to fill in a 5 man, raid, or even group quest are the healer and tank spots....now if you let people switch specs on the fly instead of having a CD (even an hour CD) on it or something, means that druids and pally's now have an unfair advantage and reason to come along - they can heal, they can tank - no other class can do both...

to me there needs to be some kind of CD on it to balance things out...BUT...to play devil's advocate, it would introduce a whole other layer of strategy...you could spec one spec for a specific boss fight (say one poisen immune as a rogue), then have another spec for trash or ANOTHER boss (one NOT poisen immune)...you could spec for fear / stun resistence as a tank for one fight, then for extra HP/avoidance talents for another....specs and the ability to have different specs with different results COULD then let the dev's make more interesting and complex fights that required more attention to the various nuances of the talent trees...