Zul'Aman Step-by-Step

Started by Shadowwolf, January 09, 2008, 11:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

http://pillage.uber.com/ZulAman

Seems to be a really good guide site. Has pulls down step by step atop boss fights.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

LastDyingBreath

Is it just me, or did they 95% reuse ZG when making ZA?  Avatar bosses on platforms surrounding a lake.  Same skull piles.  Same textures.

...you'd think with all the $$$ blizzard makes they could hire a whole room full of koreans to churn out new graphics.

Nixphire

Quote from: LastDyingBreath on January 10, 2008, 02:55:03 AM
Is it just me, or did they 95% reuse ZG when making ZA?  Avatar bosses on platforms surrounding a lake.  Same skull piles.  Same textures.

...you'd think with all the $$$ blizzard makes they could hire a whole room full of koreans to churn out new graphics.

Can't do that, they have to pay Mr. T for his fancy mohawk class!

Vengeance

Quote..you'd think with all the $$$ blizzard makes they could hire a whole room full of koreans to churn out new graphics.
No.

Arcdelad

the bear boss is just a big druid bear too hehehe...same attacks, same debuffs, same graphics for the debuffs....

Kothnok

Since we're not really going back to do ZG, I don't really mind that they reused stuff.  I liked ZG and miss it sometimes  :-\
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

LastDyingBreath

I hear the upcoming WotLK features the 20 man raid instance Zul'Rerun.  This unique and fresh dungeon has players decending into the fetid jungles blizzard has somehow worked into an arctic continent to face 10 all new bosses!  8 of them are avatars:  The Hakkari avatars from ZG have joined forces with ARTHAS MENETHIL and must be destroyed!  They are joined by three new avatars: murloc (the arctic version, the burrloc.  BRGLRBLGLBLBLBRGBL!), mudkip (I herd u leik this boss), and turtle (I like turtle bosses).  After you clear all bosses, you unlock the doors to MAGMADAR'S LAIR.  We haven't used the two headed dog model for anything but Ogrila demons for awhile so it's all good.  The loot from ZR is t2 gear reskinned.  I bet you don't even remember BWL so it's all fresh and rewarding.

Kothnok

> I bet you don't even remember BWL so it's all fresh and rewarding.

That would be correct as I've not been past the 2nd encounter in BWL.

I for one appreciate reuse of the older content that I have not seen, nor will see.
They can recycle all of Naxx as that will still be "new content" for me.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

fiere redfern

Aye, I'm kinda excited about the Naxx retuning that Blizz has planned. I can count on one hand (for all the end-game raids, too!) how many times I've been in the pre-BC raid dungeons, so a "re-visit" via future dungeons wouldn't be amiss.

That said, I'm cringing at the prospect of all the QQ'ing that will be going on on the WoW forums. Every hard-core end-game guild that's been around since *mumble-mumble*-th patch is going to be bitching about the fact that the new content is recycled =P