Lynx boss - the shortcut

Started by Arcdelad, March 31, 2008, 12:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Its that time again! ZA run tomorrow, and we will be trying to go for the first three timed event chests if possible. We will be hitting the bird boss first, LEAVING the timed chest alone should we get it, and booking it next to the lynx boss. Here are some pics and an "okay" diagram of the shortcut were going to take. If you are familiar with ZA you should be able to figure out where this is (basically after the first few pulls)

QuoteRecognize the location? This is the area leading up to the Lynx boss. There are a couple of huts on the left side that have no mobs inside them. Those windows might look small, but rest assured you are small enough to jump through them. Anyway, there are 2 such hits. The one shown above is the first. The diagram above is a very crude reconstruction. But hopefully, it will give you a better idea of what you need to do. If executed properly, you will bypass about 2 pulls which should save you between 1 minute to 2 minutes.

Darkstar

Well, unless you magically got time warped Arc, its the day after tomorrow haha  :D

Airtotem

And I may be mistaken, but I think you only get 10 extra minutes from the 1st bird boss, then 20 minutes from the bear boss, but I am not sure that the Lynx boss gives you extra minutes.  I have never tried killing him second. 

Gutboy

My understanding is that for the purpose of the timed chests, it doesn't matter what order you kill things in, you get the same time bonuses. (Sorry but I don't remember if you get any bonus time from the third boss.)

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Arcdelad

I am in the future Allo, and after graduation i see jockeying the counter of McDonalds in your future....dont forget to hook a brutha up with some fat inducing fries...

ill look into the time bonuses air....he has actually cleared ZA a lot on his horde druid, so he has some insight hehehe

Lynette

No xtra time for any boss but the first 2, according to WoWwiki ...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zul'Aman_timed_event

Arcdelad

right...thank you lynn

for tonights run, we will be starting with the Bird boss, then moving over to the bear boss, and then on to lynx (since we have not mastered the dragonhawk).

Our goals for tonight are:

• Get at least the first two timed event chests
  • Beat the dragonhawk for the first time

We have an EXCELLENT group for this guys. Everyone signed up and in active knows this instance. Here are some nuances for tonight:

• Make sure you bring a [item]Riding Crop[/item] or other tool to speed you up on your mount - its a haul from the bird to the bear
  • We won't be touching any timed event chests until the lynx is done or we fail. They do not despawn and can be looted at any time
  • Know the loot table for the bosses. All boss loot will be distributed in 10 seconds. If you havent rolled in 10 seconds, you will miss out on the item. If noone rolls right away, I will announce free roll, so be ready for it.
  • Grab your badges right away
  • Bring your elixirs and such tonight please. Any advantage helps :)

Specific to tonight's group makeup:

• Allo - make sure you are specced to heal
  • Tris - come specced to kill - your dps tonight
  • Gren - We need your priest tonight please
  • Allo - please handle pally buff duties
  • JR - on the gauntlet run, act as rear admiral <snicker>
  • Dag and Keves - you two need to work out a system together for Tranq shot, especially for the Lynx boss

Enough talk about it guys...lets down this dragonhawk and get some more timed event drops :)

Lynette

Best of luck tonight, guys.  I wish I could've attended, but RL is preventing me getting online in time for raids atm.

Crossing fingers that Twilight gets its first bear mount tonight.

Arcdelad

Some more notes:

• Mel - We need Amp magic on everyone for the bear boss
  • For the totems on the Lynx boss, ALL dps need the following macro (they need to die ASAP):

/stopcasting
    /target corrupted
    /cast Some fast damage spell

• Gren - Please hand out healing assignments for the entire night as appropriate

JohnnieRat

Holy organized... I'm ready to watch all your rears on Bird gauntlet.

capnpop

Note on the shortcut: You must dismiss pets before skipping through houses. Their pathing is such that it draws a pull to you.  This didn't result in a wipe, but a few people died.

Additionally, for the pull after the shortcut make sure you are far enough forward to ensure that an unlucky fear (or AoE fear) won't put you in the middle of a skipped pull.