Insane in the Membrane

Started by Shadowwolf, October 26, 2010, 09:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just a heads up, apparently Blizz announced at Blizzcon last weekend that the achievement "Insane in the Membrane" will not be possible to complete once Cataclysm is released despite a post months prior stating it would be and "not to rush it".

The main issues with causing it to be non-completable is the majority of reps are being changes or removed from the game come Cataclysm. With Goblins as a playable race, Steamwheedle Cartel reps for each city are being changed or removed, Shen'dralar will supposedly be gone and there will be no way to work rep with Bloodsail Buccaneers as well.

My guess is that with the change to STV and Bloodsail that the achievement Avast Ye, Admiral! is also going away.

Personally Im a bit pissed about this 180 change from a prior post months back because it means I wasted my time in earning rep from the obscure factions.

[blizzard author=Bashiok link=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27401643624&pageNo=5&sid=1#86]Insane in the Membrane is a feat of strength, not an achievement. Feats are things that you can't be guaranteed to complete, which is why they're feats and not achievements. Most of them are actually now impossible to complete, and this feat will join a long list of "you had to be there" moments in WoW time.

The feat isn't being removed of course, those who have it will retain it, however; some of the requirements are, so it will no longer be able to be completed by anyone who has not already done so.

It's possible that in some very specific situations where someone has completed the reputations which are being removed, but not others that will still be in the game, that it can still be completed. But it's something we're waiting for clarity on, and will let you know as soon as we do.[/blizzard]

So...if youre close, now would be the time to finish if you can. Otherwise I feel your frustration at wasting your time as I have as well now...
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

[blizzard author=Ancilorn link=http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10868057669&pageNo=2&sid=1#21]Just for clarity, Insane in the Membrane will not be removed in Cataclysm. We can only confirm this one for you, but since it's undoubtedly one of the most brain-melting achievements, we thought it nice to let you know that you don't have to rush to have this done before the expansion. ;)[/blizzard]

Once again, internal communication at Blizzard's dev shop sucks something fierce.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

Hard to trust anything they say atm.  :-\

just cuz I can...
:Werewolf: :Vampire: :Bat: :skull: :scared_cat: :Ghost: :pumpk5:
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Update on this

Shen'dalar rep is being removed as a requirement, mainly because you cant earn rep with them anymore come Cata. As far as I know it will still be possible to earn the other reps come Cataclysm. So if youre working on this, hopefully you didnt spend a bazzillion gold on Diamonds and Librams =P

dharq

Didn't spend any, but I did raise about 5k last week selling diamonds. :D