*Firelands* [Baleroc] - Tactic Discussion

Started by Shadowwolf, September 05, 2011, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Deadlymijo

This fight seems alot simpler then the fire bird

Grendeel

I havent watched the video but was watching the trade channel the last couple days for rbg raids.  It appears pugs raiding firelands are doing shannox and sometimes beth....then skipping the big earth elemental and the flying bird to do baleroc.  I found that surprising cause the bird and earth elemental seem more technical fights  and not gear dependent (though the final phase of the big rock guy requires bursty dps).

Judging by that, it wouldnt surprise me that Baleroc is an easier fight.

khader

Blizz responded to a forum post about the Unstable Magma trash packs just before Baleroc.

Apparently Blizzard silently 'fixed' the groups to work as we discovered.  Need to burn each Animator down quickly as they are freed by the Subjugator.  Burning the Subjugator down will result in the Unstable Magma reaching full power too quickly.

[blizzard]This change is the result of a hotfix that got left out of the standard documentation. I apologize for that.

Previously energy generation for the Unstable Magma packs in front of Baleroc was bugged, resulting in really inconsistent functionality of the encounter. This fix ends up making the encounter more difficult given most players are accustomed to just burning down everything, which was not the intended functionality. Here is what changed:

Flamewaker Subjugator and Animator packs in the Firelands will now behave as intended. As Flamewaker Subjugators become damaged, Flamewaker Animators will be attackable, and must be killed quickly to prevent a significant buildup of Unstable Magma.[/blizzard]

Forum thread
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123246116

Icemunch

I have talked to a few people that have downed this boss.  They are telling me it is best to save hero for the last 30% of the fight and not the beginning.  They also only use 2 ppl per spore.  Not always can we do what other guilds have done .. just thought i would pass on what i have heard.