Heart of Fear (Boss 4) - Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Started by Shadowwolf, March 09, 2013, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Add CC macro, have to focus it first and then just click this button.

Code  lua Select
/stopcasting
/target focus
/click ExtraActionButton1
/targetlasttarget
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

khader

Having had some trouble with this boss, here's the strategy that seems to work for us.

Before pull
CC - 2 menders, 1 Blademaster and 1 amber trapper

Pull
Tank on adds (focus on mender to interrupt heal)
Tank on boss

Position adds and boss together to maximize aoe damage.  Position away from cc'ed mobs.

P1 - boss hp >75%
1. All DPS focus down mender (important to interrupt heal)
2. After menders die, one DPS switches to boss.
3. Other DPS focus down trappers.

Free people trapped in amber.  After freeing someone, a 2 minute debuff will prevent you from freeing others. 
People assigned to cc duty, keep your mob cc'ed through P1. Important to keep the same 4 mobs cc'ed (unless dead).  Boss will break cc if any other others are cc'ed
The boss will break cc on all remaining adds when the second group dies.

Boss and adds tanked together. Position away from cc'ed mobs.

P2 - boss hp < 75%
1. Tanks move boss and remaining adds to center of platform. Roughly where boss is before fight starts. Best to move when second group dies before boss hits 75% hp.
2. All but one DPS shift to boss until last group of adds dies, then all on boss.

Below 75% hp, the boss will summon wind bombs. Ranged, DPS and heals, spread out around platform. Move out of wind bomb and avoid stepping in others. 

Other important stuffs
Move out of the way when the boss casts Whirling Blade.  Boss throws his blade which will return to the boss after reaching its destination.  Does damage to all players in its path in both directions.

When boss casts Rain of Blades, use defensive cd's to survive.  Important in later parts of fight as the boss deals increased damage with each group of adds that are killed.

When each group of adds dies, the boss' damage received and damage dealt increases.  For each group that dies the boss takes 33% more damage and deals 50% more damage.  After all adds are dead, boss will take 99% more damage and deals 150% more damage.

Fila

Looks good, only change I would make is that the debuff after freeing someone from Amber Prisons is 2 minutes, not 1.

Kothnok

I'm usually tanking the boss and I put the Mender that's being interrupted on my focus.  Whenever I see him casting the healing spell (Mend, I believe), I cast my interrupt.  Since the boss is being tanked with adds, there's no reason I can't backup the Add Tank to make sure none of them get off.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.