Heart of Fear (Boss 5) - Amber Shaper Un'Sok

Started by Shadowwolf, March 09, 2013, 10:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

We need this guy down to do ToES, so focus on this, research, post suggestions etc so we can get past him and on to Empress "Gary".
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

Have we tried the unconventional method of having one person turned into an amber monstrosity thing, then stacking the damage buff on him while the rest of the raid just kinda hangs around? I recall some guild on heroic mode stacked the debuff to 255, then bursted him down and essentially skipped phase 2/3 by getting him down so fast.

khader

Quote from: Vengeance on April 07, 2013, 08:08:49 AM
Have we tried the unconventional method of having one person turned into an amber monstrosity thing, then stacking the damage buff on him while the rest of the raid just kinda hangs around? I recall some guild on heroic mode stacked the debuff to 255, then bursted him down and essentially skipped phase 2/3 by getting him down so fast.

That probably falls inline with - not in the spirit of the encounter or some other such nonsense from Blizz.

Though it does seem very important stack the debuff on the boss and the monstrosity as DPS is split on so many targets.

Shadowwolf

He takes 99% reduced damage on P2, so im not sure even doing that would work. Granted x255% would offset it, but still seems like a large amount to have to chew through with the monstrosity running around.

Vengeance

I wasn't there with you guys when we got attempts on this boss, so I honestly don't know what's going on tehre in regards to damage. I do know that this guild's video i saw, where they did stack it to 255 before P2, they bursted him down before hero had expired, and this was on heroic mode. Just a suggestion, dunno