Mana Tombs Notes

Started by Arcdelad, February 08, 2007, 06:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

One thing that needs to be said about Mana Tombs, is that it is not at all friendly to mana users. I suspect they call it Mana Tombs becuase your mana level goes there to die.

There are a crapload of MOB's that will sap away your mana, including mana leeches, darkcasters, and many many many other mobs. During my runs through it, it has been pretty common (in fact, almost after eveyr battle) to have the entire party have little or zero mana after every encounter.

I am a strong believer that any group composition can work for just about anything, but if you go in their with 5 mana users just make sure and bring lots of mana pots and drinks. Ideally you have a rogue and a warriro as group members, since they have no mana and are immune to these affects.

Tolwen

tnx :)

whats the level range for mana tombs?

Arcdelad

dunno what the range is...but you could safely go in there witha  group of 64-66's i think...the last boss is hard, but the rest of it is pretty easy...

as a druid, if your in cat or bear form you wont get your mana sucked away BTW...

Tolwen

voctovian

Well, I think it is posted at 64-67, although very helpful to have a higher level tank and lots of mana for healers and (mana based) DPS.  The mana burn is a short cast time, instant effect that takes 4k+ mana as well as a fair amount of health.  I normally run with relatively low +stam & +int, high +healing gear for main healing instances but this one is different.  For Mana tombs, I find that high +stam & +int, lowish +healing is optimal.  Two healers are a definite plus.. if one is oom, hopefully the other has mana.

For the last boss, it is important for everyone to have relatively high health... the best strategy I have found (thanks Arc and Kaeth I believe) is to have MT on boss, everyone DPS the adds as fast as possible until they are down before starting to heal (and switch to the boss).  This means that everyone needs to be able to survive until the adds are down.

Above all, bring LOTS of water.  You will need to recover mana after almost every fight.

Grendeel

I found my best fight in there on the final boss, involved taking down the adds in under 10 secs to start. We had the tank take the boss.  2 dps people get one add each and the 2 healers (pallys) took the thrid add.  Get them down  quick and the fight really isnt difficult after that i dont think.  As for the mana burn,   bring a friendly lock with you :P   With life tap and dark pact, the mana burn wasnt a big factor for me.