Karazhan - Romulo and Julianne

Started by Shadowwolf, May 19, 2007, 12:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Video:

Suggested Strategy:

Placement

* Healers/Ranged - All healers and ranged can stand at the front mid of the stage and do all their DPS and healing from there. The only moving around would be if one of you pulled aggro.
    * Melee - You just kill the target you are told to, only thing special about placement is stand behind Romulo.
    * MT - A lot of people recommend tanking Romulo close to a wall...in my opinion since the people who get hit by Backward Lunge don't get hit back far so just tank him in the middle of the stage for phase 1. In phase 2 just tank him away from Julianne and tank Julianne in the middle of the stage with the stronger tank on Romulo and weaker one on Julianne.

[attachimg=1]

You can basically flip flop the sides they are tanked on but the key to this fight is keeping them separated. If they are close together, Julienne might get a heal off on Romulo and throw a wrench into the whole works. Keeping Romulo's back to one of the side walls is also key to helping mitigate damage from his backward lunge attack.

The Encounter

A lot of people feel this is the most difficult stage encounter but it just takes good execution. You will fight Julianne, then Romulo, and then both of them at the same time. When you fight them both at the same time they must be killed within 10 seconds of one another much like Tiger in ZG or else they will rez each other.

Phase 1, Julianne can get annoying real fast with her abilities. She has a heal called Eternal Affection which heals for about 50k and has a 2 second cast so I would assign two people to interrupt this. Another move she has is Blinding Passion which deals 4000 holy damage over 4 seconds and has a 2 second cast, so put another 2 people assigned to interrupting this as it helps healing A LOT. She also has a Powerful Attraction move which is a 6 second seduction like move, just let it hit someone. Just like Romulo a detect magic should be kept up so you can see when she buffs herself with Devotion, and again IMMEDIATELY dispel it. Other then that tank and spank, she doesn't have that much health, around 150k so just kill her as fast as possible to initiate Romulo.

Phase 1, Romulo's moves are pretty basic, he can melee pretty hard so you need to make sure to keep your tank topped off and also keep poisons off him at ALL times. If you have a shaman drop poison cleansing totem or have a Druid just keep up abolish poison. No one but the MT should be in front of Romulo or to his sides as his deadly swathe move can hit for about 5.5k on leather. Also keep up a detect magic so you can see when he buffs himself with Daring, IMMEDIATELY dispell this as it increases his damage by 50%. Also he isn't immune to disarm so keeping him disarmed can really help with the healing. If you just top off your your tank and then DPS him down, not that hard at all. Once Romulo dies phase 2 will initiate, he goes to full HP and a newly recovered Julianne joins the fray.

Once you get to phase 2 this is where it actually might get challenging as a bit is going on and you might get overwhelmed. Julianne can be tanked in the middle by an off tank who needs to try and interrupt her Blinding Passion if possible. If you keep DPSing her, typically her heals are only done on herself and won't need to be interrupted. However for safety reasons I would put a shaman on rank 1 earthshock duty or keep a rogue on her to kick. Romulo needs to be tanked away from Julianne and DPS him first before DPSing Julianne. Bring him to about 12% and move DPS onto Julianne, your Romulo tank just has to be careful not to kill him before Julianne is killed, so if Julianne is tanking a bit to kill the Romulo tank can just stop attacking. Again have 1 person dedicated to dispelling Romulo and Julianne's self buffs as soon as they go up to help the healing. Also a poison cleansing totem needs to be down at all times near the geared main tank or an abolish needs to stay up. Nothing really changes about the two, you are just fighting them both at the same time so healing gets upped a lot here. Most of her blinding passions won't be interrupted until DPS gets on her so people just need to be topped off at all times. So assign a spot healer and MT healers accordingly. By the time Julianne is dead the 2nd time your MT should be able to solo off Romulo himself and if not DPS can just kill him within the 10 second time limit and GG.

KEYNOTES

* Julianne's heals take priority as far as interrupting goes and her Blinding Passion takes second priority. Don't bother interrupting her Powerful Attraction.
    * If you have an MS warrior or wound poison I would recommend using them on Romulo and Julianne so if by chance she gets a heal off it won't hurt that badly.
    * Disarm Romulo as he isn't immune to it and it can really help with the healing.
    * Dispell both Romulo and Julianne's self buffs IMMEDIATELY, keep a detect magic up at all times and some boss mods will warn you when they cast it.
    * Romulo's poisons need to be cleansed at all times because they increase the damage your MT takes significantly and healing him can become really hard, really fast.
    * DPS needs to be BEHIND Romulo, because his Deadly Swathe can really hurt and hits mulitple targets, where his Backward Lunge only hits one at a time.
    * During phase 2 put the weaker tank on Julianne and the stronger tank on Romulo, if sparable put a rogue or someone who can interrupt spells on Julianne to interrupt her heals. Also keep Julianne DPSed a little at all times during phase 2 and 95% of the time the heals she casts will be targeted on herself and not Romulo.
    * DPS Romulo first during phase 2 to around 12% and then kill Julianne, once Julianne dies finish off Romulo within 10 seconds otherwise he will rez Julianne with full life.

Rewards:

Romulo
[wowitem]Eternium Greathelm[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Beastmaw Pauldrons[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Earthsoul Leggings[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Trial-Fire Trousers[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Ribbon of Sacrifice[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Libram of Souls Redeemed[/wowitem]

Julianne
[wowitem]Despair[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Blade of the Unrequited[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Masquerade Gown[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Romulo's Poison Vial[/wowitem]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

Romeo and Juliet died so romantically :'(

here are some SSes:)

fiere redfern

Heh, nice hall. I bet the acoustics in that place are great =)

Also, I wonder what kinds of lighting fixtures Blizz decided to put in there. Are they conventionals or movers? And who was their provider? Hmmmm...

/inner tech geek

un4

Horribly shaped for accoustics... too many projections and different mediums :P
un4

Arcdelad

I cant wait for you to make it to an opera event un4...i think youd get a kick out of the whole thing

un4

Yeah... 'bout that "attunement" thing... need to get on that >.>

I'm looking forwards to it a lot - I love opera.  Does that make me strange?
un4

Arcdelad

being a rogue makes you strange...likeing opera just makes you cultured :)

JohnnieRat

There seems to be a massive lack of singing in Kara's Opera House. No wine glass shattering high notes from women with better mustaches than Burt Reynolds either... maybe we should request that in Blizz's forums.

fiere redfern

Heh, what's the ambient sound, though? You never know (except for those who've been there o'course), Blizz might have Wagner or Puccini looping in the background.

...Though if I ever get to an opera event, I might just stream one of those on itunes. Just 'cuz. Ride of the Valkyries while kicking Romulo and Julianne around onstage.  ;D

un4

un4

Kothnok

Or one of the tunes from Kamalot's Ghost Opera album... fitting imo.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.