Karazan - The Wizard of Oz (Opera Event)

Started by JohnnieRat, June 08, 2007, 11:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

Controlled Chaos is the name of the game. Source of my info: http://www.wowwiki.com/Wizard_of_Oz

Apparently the most effective order of kill is:
1) Dorothy (untankable - just spams frost bolts randomly at the raid and sometimes does an AoE fear) - Wiki probably recomends her first since she isn't tankable and spreads out so much damage to the raid (frostbolt hits for about 2k) that it's best to just eliminate her threat. She resummons Tito if the dog dies before her
2) Tito (Summoned by Dorothy. Melee for very very soft but pacifies and silences a target sometimes) - Enrages on Dorothy's death so logically needs to follow her in order of kill
3) Roar (or Strawman if we have a fire mage/destro lock who apparently can solo him by spamming Scorch or searing pain) - Roar is fearable and can be chain-feared. Sometimes does an AoE fear.
4) Strawman (or Roar if Straw went down 2nd) - Straw is fire vulnerable and can proc a 6 second stun from fire spells apparently quite often.
5) Tinman whose slow buff (listed as a buff anyways) stacks over time and can be kited by anything with legs. He cleaves pretty hard. Probably should be lightly tanked at first but once slow enough running away from him would work. Mage Detect Magic will show how far along his slow debuff is.

After they all die...

the Crone spawns:  She has a roaming Cyclone which knocks you up in the air and interupts casts. Causes damage and fall damage. Avoid if possible. We will want to spread out on her since she has a chain lightning attack which gets stronger as it chains. Not many HP so just burn her down. Spreading out and avoiding the Cyclone are key.

Known Bugs to the Encounter:
-Roar can evade bug if an unlucky fear sends him behind a locked door.
-Bosses may just bug out and not do anything
-Curtain falls before event is done
-Tinhead may "forget" to reapply his slow debuff

Picking up assignments very quickly will make the event less chaotic and lead to no deaths in the first few seconds if a clothie gets smooshed.

Shadowwolf

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah33gVk0SP4

These guys did it a little differently with the raid beating down Dorothy till the rest start attacking. Mages have a HUGE role on this fight it seems, having to keep Strawman on fire and Tinman frosty.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Grendeel

An affliction lock can solo any mob that is fearable.  We can eliminate that threat completely if that what we wanna do.   Or i could dot while fearing and help out on the others (this would make me its main target when fear wears off ensuring no party member is attacked).

JohnnieRat

Frost effects don't speed up the rate that Tinman rusts. Although if the chill effect on frost spells applies to him that'd help make him a non-threat just slowing him down anyways. Tinman looked to have the strongest melee attack against out tanks and his cleave is nasty.
Video link isn't working for me. What's the title so I can just search for it? I really wish Youtube and Google movies would put these things in better resolution so they're actually readable.
The only potential problem I see with having a mage or lock try to solo strawman is if we get unlucky and doesn't proc the stun. He would then begin to own them rather fast.

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess