Windows Vista "Add-ons"

Started by Arcdelad, June 17, 2007, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

For me when I first started Vista, the sidebar "background" was grey - I figured there had to be some sort of option to change that, but if there is I haven't been able to find it. Since then however, I've figured out that if you remove the widgets and just place them directly on the desktop it does the same thing as if the sidebar were transparent. They move around a bit if the screen resolution changes (for some reason Half-Life2 1024x768 != Windows 1024x768 >.<) but other than that I've had no issues with keeping the widgets floating on the desktop.

Now, if only that realm status widget was actually -accurate- ...

Nasanna

Yeah... mine seems to be able to predict Tues. maintainance pretty well but shows up green if my computer isn't connected to the internet and often stays green when the servers are down. If I knew how to make a widget, I'd work on making one that actually worked...

Nasanna

Something I thought of but don't know enough about programming/making gadgets to do it myself:

In the gadget Koth posted that displays a single picture, is there any way to make it display the picture that's at the top of the "Event Signup" page that says "Realm Status: Alexstrasza: High. PVE" and then update it, say every 1-5 minutes? That "gadget" seems pretty accurate and even lets you know if there's a queue for the realm.

Just an idea, the only class I've taken is an intro to Java and we didn't learn much besides while loops and how to make a tic-tac-toe game.

Kothnok

A gadget is just an HTML page.  That's it.  You don't have to know Java to make one.  I just followed the step by step guides out there to make that one.  I'll look into making some WoW related stuff.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Arcdelad

mwahahaha....i knew we could finagle you into making a windows vista twilight addon :)

some unsolicited requests- :)

1) abilty to see when you have new twilight messages
2) ticker for the newest 5 forum posts
3) something that either displays calander events for the week or will take you there with one click
4) a button that instantly generates lots of $$$ directly into your bank account