Did I miss something? Music and Grammar

Started by Arcdelad, June 20, 2007, 06:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Velvet Revolver is coming to town with Alice in Chains.....unless I missed something, didnt Lane Staley DIE? Did Sylvannus somehow get ahold of this guy?!?

On a sidenote, I put a grammar lesson up on my twilight blog LOL...ill do one per week - hopefully some of you guys will get some beneft from them...

fiere redfern

Lane did die =P they've been touring without him for quite some time now. If I remember correctly, it's just the remaining members of the band touring - they haven't been looking for another singer.

But it would be very cool if Sylvanus did get ahold of him  ;D I'd love to see him in concert!

Drygioni

Alice in Chains gots a new singer and they sound like the old band and this one time they played a impromptu show with me think Gretchen Wilson as singer at that also too was wicked awesome and now they is touring with the velvet Revolvers and Jerry Cantrell looks like hes 100 years old but he still plays the guitar gooder than most guitar players.

grammar lesson eh?  ;D

I hope lesson one is called "Shamen" not "Shamans"

Arcdelad

LOLOL

we does have the best shamens on the server :P

un4

un4

Threlin

Quote from: un4given_one on June 20, 2007, 07:01:03 AM
Rouges.
'Nuff said.

Is that a kind of makeup Rogues wear, Un4?  ;D

And Arc...I beg of you...do one on the word rediculous, please? It's a pet peeve of mine, which is ridiculous I know....  ;)

And back to music, the Drive By Truckers are having a free concert tomorrow night in Knoxville, TN! It's one of the Sundown in the City series of free concerts Knoxville does every year. And you can bet your battle axe I'll be there...

usonian

Ladies use rouges to attract shamans I think.

Speaking of concerts, anyone else going to Lollapalooza this year?  I'm trading in dry-heat for umm... wet-heat(?) in Chicago to check it out this year.  Arc will be there too, although the heat may be too much for his bear costume.

Tolwen

Quote from: Usonian on June 20, 2007, 12:40:50 PM
Arc will be there too, although the heat may be too much for his bear costume.

lol

U guyz are RL friends?

btw thanks for the Grammar blog Arc, i always mess those two up :-\

Gutboy

Remember, rouges are overpowdered.  ;D

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

fiere redfern

Quoteanyone else going to Lollapalooza this year?

No, but I am going to Ozzfest when it hits Jersey  ;D

That's the plan anyway... it's on a Wednesday at noon.

Hmm.. middle of the week + middle of the day = Fi will probably NOT be at work on Thursday. Maybe Friday, too since it'd be kind of silly to come in for one day and then go home for the weekend. ^_^

Arcdelad

why stop there? you need tuesday to prep for wednesday....AND it would be silly to just come in for one day right?!?

fiere redfern

This is true... good idea, arc!

/starts scheming

...and speaking of grammar, what's the correct way to pluralize a word that ends in 'e'?

Arcdelad

hmm...good one...maybe just slapping on an S? depends on the word I think...English is a mix of other languages (anglo-saxon base with heavy latinate influences), so often rules tend to be only applicable sometimes...thats why English is one of the hardest languages to learn if its not your first language.