Wow Ace Updater

Started by Air, March 27, 2008, 04:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air

This is a program I use to keep a bulk of my addons up to date like bigwigs, omen and grid and so forth.  Pretty much any ace based addons.

Website for it is: http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WinAceUpdater

Use the Internet Explorer link (doesn't work with Firefox) at: http://www.wowace.com/wau/publish.htm

Or

Use the setup.exe program at: http://www.wowace.com/wau/Install_WAU.zip

After that, run program, make sure 'Automatic Dependency Download' is turned on in the Edit -> Preferences.

Than start searching for all the addons that you would use.

And than goto File -> Update All Installed Addons
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

fiere redfern

Air, you're awesome. I tried that "CentralUI" program, but didn't really fall in love with it - too many broken links and old versions of addons. Thanks tons!

Oilslick

For some reason mine keeps popping up a million debug notices every time i install/update/uninstall anything.  It works...i just have to hit "NO" a million times afterwards.

I was also wondering if there's a way that you know of to disable it getting the "latest version" and instead have it get the "latest stable version" of a plugin.

Shadowwolf

Theres no way to actually get a "stable" version only using it. Everything on wowace is uploaded as its edited so the only way to actually get a stable version of one of the addons is to download it from another site such as wowinterface.com. You can tell the updater to not update those copies if you want by putting a folder within them named ".svn" and the updater will skip it whenever its run. I do that now with SorrensTimers since the wowace version is out of date compared to the version on wowinterface.com.

As for the other errors, idk. Never saw that before, might be a good idea to uninstall it and re-install it maybe.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

khader

I've found that the 'unstable' versions still have lots of debugging code enabled.  Usually just annoying but sometimes problematic in groups or raids.  Recount is typically the worst but I've had issues with Omen and a couple of others.

Usually an updated version is released quickly but not always.

I like how simple wowaceupdater makes it to update the addons I use so I've decided to put up with 'bleeding edge' downloads.  Just something to consider if you're going to continue to use it.

Shadowwolf

I try to keep a stable version only on the ones hosted on this site if its any help. Sometimes I dont get to test it completely before an upload but generally if people let me know its a problem I can roll it back quickly. Also, not always do problems surface right away for me so sometimes they get missed.

For example, BigWigs gets updated almost daily but you'll notice I only post a package update every week or 2, sometimes longer, same with Cartographer, lots of components get updated daily but I usually leave the site update to only the major fixes and changes or stable patches.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess