So you want a bear mount huh?

Started by Arcdelad, August 15, 2008, 08:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usonian

A Bear mount doesn't give you anything special either, it's just a vanity item.  Where do you draw the line with taking out content because it will be easier to attain at level 80, 90 etc.?

Arcdelad

youd be surprised what people do for vanity items in game LOL think of spending $300 for an umbrella chair from the TCG, or going to winterspring and spending weeks grinding out mobs for a "Special" white wintersaber mount LOL (coughmelcough)...

its like the old T3 gear....arguably THE best looking druid tier set out there...I could go spend time as a level 70 in the old 60 tuned instance and get it a LOT easier (well...a littler easie lol) but it wouldnt be that helpful for me, becuase the [Sundered Nose Bone of the Whale] I picked up in nagrand is way better then it...

usonian

That's exactly my point.  If it's just a vanity item who cares if it's easy to get after the level cap gets raised or talents get adjusted?  They didn't take away your ability to go get your good-looking T3 gear because it's easy to get. 

Personally I stopped being impressed with the bear mounts after they started blocking the entrance to every bank in Azeroth.  The allure is already gone and there isn't any advantage to having one other than the looks so I just don't see the point in glorifying the people who got one (or bought one) before the patch.

Arcdelad

agreed....the allure stops when you see so many people in BG's with them too...i would just be happy if cheetah speed went epic mount speed like epic flight form does with air mounts lol

Arcdelad

ADDENDUM:

For the Timed run Saturday, and all others in the future, two changes in tactics:

1) For the eagle boss, EVERYONE needs to collapse in on the TANK before the storm...EVERYONE - this ensures that the black spot will be right there (next to the boss), which means that all melee DPS can continue during that time. This will especially help give us a little edge in downing the boss quicker when we have more melee heavy groups.

2) On the Lynx boss, instead of dpsing down the Lynx when they split, all DPS needs to stay on the troll form (minding the totems and shocks as usual of course)...while the Lynx does have less HP, the prevailing logic in groups consistently doing the timed event successfully is that the Troll ALREADY is dotted, debuffed, etc etc, meaning that 10% is really nothing considering DPS can just continue wailing away on a "softer" target...many of us have done this in successful ZA pugs too and seen it work out brilliantly. Its very counter intuitive, but it works out great.

Nasanna

What happens to the lynx? Does it despawn once the boss reaches a certain amount of health? Or do we end up with 4 lynxes running around?

Arcdelad

When the boss splits, the goal is to get ONE of them down to zero % health (or close I think)...it doesnt matter which one, so long as you kill one of them - they will remerge into one boss at that time...he splits every 25% health, so there are three split phases you need to do this for...

Belandand

Before I did ZA with you guys, I thought that was what you did for the Lynx and Bird bosses. What my guild used to do before I came to Twilight was:

Bird: have the tank pick him up and tank him in teh center of the blue square. When the RW came that a stormw as about to hit, everyone would collapse on the tank then immediately spread back out into position once the storm was over.
Lynx: Have a tank- optimally a druid tank- ot the lynx cat while any other tank can tank the boss himself. After a given amount of time, the lynx will merge back with the Boss regardless of it's killed or left alive.

**Shrugs** I dunno if this will help us get that 4th chest or not, but hpefully it helps :)

Arcdelad

both of those I think are the prevailing wisdom in getting the 4th chest...I agree with you except on the part of having the druid OT instead of MT on the lynx...the lynx doesnt do any crushing blows (the big druid tank weakness until patch day), plus a good druid tank will have more health, be capped or close to capped armor wise (32k), and will be dodging like a mutha on the lynx...id say have the pally OT the lynx...

definitely share any tips though on ZA runs...I dont claim to know everything about ZA, so any tips that could potentially give us even a few extra seconds on the clock bring em up here...

Hugh

To me its not just a bear mount, it shows me that i am capable of doin a event that supposely requires skill. and the fact that i do it with my guild shows even more that my exp. wasnt bought like 80% of the ppl out there. i am not really worried bout wat others think of my mount (bear) but its to show me that i have the pve skill and support to get a tough job like that done.

Belandand

Come the expansion, you can buy A bear mount (albeit a smaller and more "tame" looking one). I believe worldofraids.com shows the cost at 712g

Shadowwolf

Honestly, while the [item]Amani War Bear[/item] is a neat looking mount, at this point its almost cooler not to have one since almost everyone on the damn server has one. Sadly they made the timed run so rough on guilds not in complete T5/6 that its really really REALLY hard for you to get it if you arent already farming your way through Hyjal and BT.

Thats not to say we should give up trying, but not every guild has the ability to get one nor has every guild accomplished the boss kills we have.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Trismus

[item]Reins of the Swift Spectral Tiger[/item]

I want a bear mount, but I'd feel too guilty to roll on one. That said, in the expansion there appear to be a bunch of new, exciting, nifty mounts to get.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Arcdelad

Our next attempt is this saturday - and we have a GREAT group for it.

Everyone signed up please review the tactics mentioned here and post any revisions or suggestions now so we can walk in there with a solid idea of what everyone's role will be.

Some specifics:
Apolla / Panzer - one of you two will be "rear" tank on the gauntlet to the eagle boss...Ap - maybe bring a shield for that, or let panzer do his shammy tankage thing. It helps to have someone in the back keeping an eye on adds spawning from behind and beelining it to the healers.

EVERYONE make sure and stand IN the consecrate for the gauntlet.

Kay, you tank the eagle boss with your NR gear on...Nas / Killa - you two need me to help heal, or can you two handle it?

For the bear boss, Ill take the bear, kay you take the troll.

For the dragonhawk gauntlet, make sure we all move as a compact team together through it...Nix - plan on sheeping the mage flame bastards. ALL DPS needs to drop those scouts - with this group they shouldnt even last one second if we focus fire them LOL Air - think you can heal and let Killa do some MC'ing here?

For the dragonhawk, make sure we keep kay up and have ALL dps killing those hatched dragonhawks...the faster you kill them off the less probability of an error due to explosion or kay just getting overwhelmed...Panz - you need to mark which hatcher needs to die and which needs to go hatch.

Were going to take the shortcut to the lynx - once we drop the dragonhawk be ready to roll out ASAP - your mana will regen while you are running =)

Kay - for the lynx spawns, you need to take two groups at once - everyone else should AOE the bejessus out of them. Bourne - get a sap off on one of the two pats when they patrol...

For the lynx, ill MT -kay, make sure those shocks get cleansed asap...remember we are NOT killing the cat when they split..stay on the troll, kill totems, and light into that mofo...

OVERALL:

Groups will be:
1) Me, Kay, Apolla, Bourne, Panzer (LOTP, aura, battleshout, totem twistage)
2) Gren, Nas, Air, Nix, Killa (wrath totem, mana tide, mage mana regen thing, etc)

heroism, heroism, heroism - we have three shamenz...lets see a healthy dose of heroism on this run =)
Make sure we all flask up, food buff, etc etc...ill also get a NR cauldron for the first boss.

Lynette

Arc, send me mats and I'll do the combine for the cauldron.

IIRC, those guards see invis, so sap won't work.

Good luck guys - I want to see someone in Twilight with a bear mount this weekend!