add on problems

Started by cefwyn, October 17, 2008, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cefwyn

I am unable to run deadly boss mods or big wigs ......they all kill my chat box.  I'm running a PC with vista.  Anyone else having this problem?

Gutboy

Quote from: cefwyn on October 17, 2008, 02:11:43 PM
I'm running a PC with vista.  Anyone else having this problem?

Nope.  :Pumpkin:

GB

(srsly, haven't seen that one yet, sorry...)

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Ity

Yeah Carysa and I too, Cef. I dont know what to do. Cartographer and Auctionner still have bug, I cannot see the chat  :pumpk6:  but my Omen and Fubar are working.

Shadowwolf

I cant help if I dont have an error to look at.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=6002.0

That works again now, its good for capturing errors of addons.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

If I had to guess, I have a feeling you probably didnt delete the old addon folders for both before installing the updates. You need to delete everything with Bigwigs and Littlewigs in your addon folder as well as all the Auctioneer files before copying over the updates. With 3.0 the folder structure changed with a lot of addons and so copying over the old doesnt work well.

Gutboy

Just to be on the safe side, I dragged all my old addons (except the Blizz ones) out of the folder entirely, then added the newly downloaded ones one at a time. No probs so far...

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Lynette

Quote from: Gutboy on October 17, 2008, 04:06:46 PM
Just to be on the safe side, I dragged all my old addons (except the Blizz ones) out of the folder entirely, then added the newly downloaded ones one at a time. No probs so far...

GB

I did this too.  I also dragged my entire WTF folder/contents to another location so I could start the patch off with a clean slate.

I have not had a single issue with any AddOn.

Ity

Quote from: Shadowwolf on October 17, 2008, 03:51:32 PM
If I had to guess, I have a feeling you probably didnt delete the old addon folders for both before installing the updates.

I did it before downloading the addons for the new patch but it didnt work...

I'll try with the "buggrabber and Bugsack" and i'll give news after....

cefwyn

Thank you for the suggestions.  Unfortunately my problems are continuing.  To this point I have deleted and reinstalled all addons three times, deleted WTF folder, run debugging programs and read forum posts for additional suggestions.  My problems continue.  Today I am spending the day reinstalling the game... :'(

Nasanna

Do you have Windows Vista? I had a similar problem...

I deleted my addon folder and all the addons were still in the game. I found out that Vista had moved Wow into the folder Computer/C/Users/Public/Games. From there, I found and deleted my WTF and interface folders and everything worked out.