Frenzyheart vs Oracles

Started by Arcdelad, November 18, 2008, 06:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Similar to the Aldor vs Scryer factions in BC, there are two factions fighting it out in Sholazar Basin...the Frenzhearts and the Oracles

Its NOT as easy choosing a faction for these though, so here is a guide:

Getting to Sholazar

Next to the flight master in Dalaran at level 76, a quest is going to pop up where a mage wants you to go to Sholazar - talk to him after accepting it and he will let you hop into a crappy flying machine and send you through a portal...you are going to crash....because seriously....these planes have no right being in WOW lol

First - Frenzyheart

Frenzyheart are a kind of wolverine, hunter tribe...they like to refer to the Oracles as "big Tongues"...

To start the chain, you need to first complete the Nesingway quest to kill a lion that is being cornered by 3 Frenzyheart tribe members...when you "steal" their kill, it will spawn the quest [quest=12528]Playing Along[/quest] - this quest makes you become their "slave" for a while, and will lead to a bunch of quests, mostly involving killing various animals in the near vicinity, OR tormening the Oracles. Right off the bat you will go hated with the Oracles and start building rep with the Frenzyheart...all of these quests too have little "minions" you can summon to help you kill things (same with oracles).

When you get to the quest [quest=12540]Just Following Orders[/quest] you will have to find a hurt Oracle to bring it back to the Frenzyheart village to "torture it"...instead though, the quest has you HELP it, and this gets observed by a Frenzyheart member, who then runs back and tells the tribe of your betrayal.

At this point, you are now FRIENDLY with the Oracles, and HATED by the Frenzyheart clan....if you try and go back to the Frenzyheart village you will get pwned....hard (trust me).

Oracles

You now get to do a bunch of quests for the Oracles, which are race of smart Murlocs...well...they are kind of religuos zealots and not that bright, but they are probably smarter than Sarah Palin. These will involve killing predators and killing Frenzheart members.

Choosing

At the end of this long quest chain, you will recieve a GROUP quest called [quest=12581]A Hero's Burden[/quest]. This quest has you go into a cave and kill a nasty elite Lich that has one member of each faction frozen...its a tough fight, and you need at least a healer...I did it with just Emma and it was challenging, then later did it to help emma with a mage in tow and was a lot easier. It is NOT soloable...I tried to solo it first and got the lich down to 20%, but thats when it spawns the two frozen helpers to aid it and it regens health...

AFTER you kill the lich - both members will be available to talk to - THIS IS WHERE IT IS IMPORTANT TO CHOOSE - if you want to go with the frenzyheart faction, talk to the wolverine...if you want the oracles, talk to the murloc - doing so will reset your faction to the one and wipe out anything youve done so far...

Rewards

There are a bunch of blue gear of random type, but the two "neat" things per faction are:

Frenzyheart:

1) [item]Disgusting Jar[/item] - this will spawn one of three random pets.
2) [item]Frenzyheart Insignia of Fury[/item]
3) They also have a jewelcrafting recipe: [item]Design: Jagged Forest Emerald[/item]

Oracles:

1) [item]Mysterious Egg[/item] - same as other one...random of three
2) [item]Oracle Talisman of Ablution[/item]
3) [item]Design: Sundered Forest Emerald[/item]

Dagii

Thx Arc! Heading there soon as servers up : )

Emmalina

One thing to take note of is that during the encounter with the Lich, a Frenzyheart NPC and an Oracles NPC will spawn, and you'll have to beat on them for a while. It is possible to kill one of them, Arc, myself and a mage we were with managed to last night. Since the NPC was dead, I did not have the option of choosing that faction. Thankfully I planned on the other one anyway.

Just take care to not kill the NPC from the faction you want. Ideally you don't want to kill either one, so watch your burst DPS.

It's a really fun quest line though, so enjoy!

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Nixphire

The quest line seems pretty cool.

The rewards seem really, well, useless. They are definitly not the same as Aldor vs Scryer rewards in number or value.

vakiller

Quotebut they are probably smarter than Sarah Palin

0.o thats just cold : )

Grendeel

Ha just did this quest and it IS soloable :) (i even took a ss incase its needed lol )    They may have nerfed locks in pvp and raiding but at least locks are still op for grinding.

I think this can be done with any spec and 0 talents in health funnel.  I have the 2 pts in hf and 17 in total in demo with the rest in afflction.   Its a long boring fight but here is what you do as a lock

1.  VW tank (fel guard will do fine as well...maybe better).
2.  Rarely dot the boss.   Let the pet build aggro.Health funnelling will keep you pretty close on omen, hence the rarely dot comment.  Whatever you do, stay under the pets threat.
3.  Once you reach around 150 aggro on Omen for the pet, hit  shatter.
4.  Now you can dot  the boss until he reaches phase 2 of the fight (30%) which where the boss goes inactive and 2 mobs join the fight.
5.  Phase 2 might be tricky if you dont have howl, but i think the 2 adds are weak enough that you can manage with any spec.  You are only killing one add (the faction you dont want to be friendly with).  I howled both of them and put my pet on the one i wanted to kill.  The other one i chain feared.   Dot up the mob you want to kill (use deathcoil when you get aggro.  I used howl a second time when the cd was up and ended the phase 2 with full hp and 1/3 mana.
6 At this point  the mob you left alive will help you on the boss.  I put my pet back on the boss and didnt have to worry about aggro.  Dotted and used large casts until it was dead.

Long but very doable for a lock and it was very rewarding soloing it :)

Arcdelad

Iliessa

Well I just got done reading through the comments on wowhead.com for the Mysterious Egg and the Disgusting Jar. According to wowhead there was someone who got a Green Proto-Drake from the Mysterious Egg. If Frenzyhearts and Oracles are supposed to be the Aldor/Scryer of Lich King then you would think that the Disgusting Jar would also have a rare chance to drop a flying mount as well.

Since you'd only have 52 chances a year to get a mount out of those things, I wonder how rare the drop rate actually is.