Newb Stories and Newb Levels

Started by Iliessa, December 06, 2008, 12:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

haha..remember when you tried to be feral?!?! lolololol

fiere redfern

Pfft, at least I could actually kill MY shadow-demon during the Leo fights as resto!

Dargeria

I can't believe Tony hasn't posted this one yet...  I laughed all night after this happened...  best laugh ever.

Tony would always have a character that out ranked me.  He would always want to duel me as well.  So I would appease him and duel him...  him winning every time.  Resulting in me bowing down to him.

We had started characters on another realm...  horde I believe (not too sure anymore) but my character was superior to his character by a little bit.  We were in a village with a bonfire in the middle of it.  Standing next to the bonfire, I challenged him to a duel and he accepted.  Finally I defeated him.  After bowing down to me, Tony backed his character into the fire and BAM!  Immediately dead.  "WTF happened?!"   LOL!!!   It all happened so fast...  Best victory ever!!!

"Look I know you're new here and all...  but...  back up seems like a pretty universal term..."

LastDyingBreath

I can't tell you how many times I died out front of orgrimmar on my orc warrior.  I'd lose a duel and then get one-shot by some level 6 durotar pig that aggro'd on me when I demo shouted or something equally stupid lol.

My newb stories:  First character I ever rolled was a dwarf pally.  I played diablo 2 prior to this, where you have to manually click for each attack.  you wear out mice playing that game.  So naturally I start spam right clicking on my targets and turning autoattack on and off.  As a pally that's your only damaging move to start out with, so I kept dying to level 2-3 troggs.  I decided that paladins suck, and rerolled a warrior.  Back in the early days warriors had some retarded miss chance, like 25% miss with a two hander.  I made it to level 8.  "Warriors suck!".  Rerolled druid.  Specced balance because it's the first talent tree tab.  Didn't see the other ones.  My attack rotation was:  Starfire, Moonfire, melee with staff.  Only instead of a staff I used Gubber Blump's fishing pole because it had the highest dps I could find.  I would cast healing touch at 50% because the spell pushback meant I would get it off just in time.  It took me three months to hit level 30.

Tolwen

Quote from: LastDyingBreath on March 24, 2009, 02:39:16 PM
Rerolled druid.  Specced balance because it's the first talent tree tab.  Didn't see the other ones.  My attack rotation was:  Starfire, Moonfire, melee with staff.  Only instead of a staff I used Gubber Blump's fishing pole because it had the highest dps I could find.  I would cast healing touch at 50% because the spell pushback meant I would get it off just in time.  It took me three months to hit level 30.
^ +roots :D

Air

Quote from: Tolwen on March 24, 2009, 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: LastDyingBreath on March 24, 2009, 02:39:16 PM
Rerolled druid.  Specced balance because it's the first talent tree tab.  Didn't see the other ones.  My attack rotation was:  Starfire, Moonfire, melee with staff.  Only instead of a staff I used Gubber Blump's fishing pole because it had the highest dps I could find.  I would cast healing touch at 50% because the spell pushback meant I would get it off just in time.  It took me three months to hit level 30.
^ +roots :D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-DibwjEn0[/youtube]
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

un4

Savage -> WoW was not a good transition.  Auto attack sucked... I'm glad Panz discovered how it worked and was able to set me straight.
un4

fiere redfern

Heh, I did the same thing going from Diablo 2 and NWN to WoW - when I started playing I had the same bad habits Panz and un4 had and clicked constantly at the little auto-attack icon until my boyfriend asked me what I was doing and put a stop to it. >.<

TheGeneral451

good thing you had a man to put you straight Fie!  Some women just can't do things for themselves!  :laugh:

kmm777

Okay, WoW was my very first MMO and my first computer game period! I'd played things like Harvest Moon and Zelda but nothing else.  It took me (with a couple breaks thrown in) two years to level my mage to 80, hitting 70 just before Wrath of the Lich King came out.

1. I had no idea what was with all the armor and i assumed (since i always seemed to die so easily) that more armor would help me.  I even made a habit of putting armor enchants (which someone had one day randomly given me) on my cloaks.  Thankfully Madden set me straight eventually. 

2. If you've ever leveled a mage you realize that there is a point, as in lvl 69 before you get a new rank of conjure refreshment, where the food just doesn't fill you up as fast.  And as squishy as i was, getting fully health and mana was really important because soon there would be a new mob wanting to kill me. By the time i realized i could conjure food and water it was at that point and i was so frustrated with the slow rate, i refused to use it and only drank vendor food and water for the longest time.  I blew a lot of the money i made on buying food and water (and that was until Madden again set me straight). 

3.  I didn't actually realize i had talent points for a long while, me being especially unobservant.  I ended up around level fifteen or sixteen before someone pointed it out to me.  And then i didn't even understand what i was doing, putting points in.  I ended up levelin with a rather specially spec that amazed Madden. ("how in the heck have you managed to make it to sixty??")  I leveled as frost and it was so slow back then, so much worse than it is now.

I could keep going but it only gets worse because i'm still kind of a noob at this  :-X.

moonras

Took a hard lesson today. Didn't really happen in game but still hindered me from playing. Re-formatted my PC to see if maybe I could stop some of the lock up troubles I was having. Well pc is working great, so I went to download the WoW installer. Didn't pay attention just clicked a google link to a battle.net site for the installer and proceeded to let it download half the day. Got it installed, went to play and got a message saying I couldn't log in. Come to find out I downloaded the EU installer and now I get to do it all over again. I guess I am a Huntard even out of WoW lol. Needless to say from now on I will L2Read what I'm downloading and actually log into my account before hand, just in case!