Instructor Razuvious

Started by Air, December 27, 2008, 11:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air

Instructor Razuvious is the first boss of the military wing, otherwise known as the death knight wing, in Naxxramas. This encounter is certainly one of the easier fights in Naxxramas as it requires no real tank (which we’ll discuss below).

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8elL14VTND8&eurl=http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/42142-naxxramas-instructor-razuvious.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Instructor Razuvious Abilities

* 3,300,000 hit points
    * Disrupting Shout - Hits the entire raid for 4200-4700 damage, cast every 15 seconds.
    * Jagged Knife - Hits a raid member at random for 5000 damage with a 10,000 damage physical bleed in addition, cast every 10 seconds.
    * Unbalancing Strike - Deals 350% weapon damage and reduces defense by 100 for 6 seconds.

Death Knight Understudy Abilities

* Blood Strike - Deals 50% weapon damage to the target, 4 second cooldown.
    * Taunt - Taunts the target, 20 second cooldown.
    * Bone Barrier - Reduces damage taken by 75% for 20 seconds, 30 second cooldown.

Instructor Razuvious Boss Strategy

The strategy for Razuvious really is fairly simple. There are 2 “mind control towers” for lack of a better word, that 2 players may use to control the death knight understudy adds. Your 2 controllers should be your tanks, since they likely won’t be doing any real DPS anyway.

These players will use the death knight understudy adds to tank Razuvious. Please note that instructor razuvious cannot be tanked by any normal tank, he hits for 30,000+ on plate, for this reason we’re going to use the adds exclusively.

Controling the Tanking Add

As soon as you take control of the add go ahead and taunt Razuvious and use your bone barrier ability. After you’re bone barrier ability drops go ahead and have your other controller who has the other death knight taunt Razuvious. Much the same, go ahead and use bone barrier. This rotation should continue throughout the fight, where the only real hitch in the road is when you have to drop the controls to re-click and refresh your mind control timer.

Your controllers should be communicating on vent regarding taunts, bone barrier cooldown, and when they are dropping to re-cast the MC ability. You should never both drop MC at the same time, this will without a doubt lead to a player or players dying.

Healing 101 for Razuvious

Much like tanking, healing is fairly straight forward on this fight. Generally, we have one healer focus on keeping the adds HP up while a 2nd healer keeps the raid topped off. There isn’t much raid damage in this fight, so typically one healer can handle it. The healer on the adds should be casting their longest and most efficient heals, there’s no reason to spam quick heals here due to their insane amount of HP.

The only thing that you may need to watch for is the jagged knife ability, this can dish out 15K pretty fast, and if the player is already a bit damage it can easily be a kill. Make sure you keep an eye on raid debuffs for this bleed.

Panic Mode Tanking

In the event you get to the very end of the fight and just don’t have enough HP on the Death Knight understudies you still might be able to get a kill. Have your tank taunt and immediately shield wall. Granted, you don’t have the same health as a Death Knight understudy, but this can often buy you a few seconds for additional DPS.

This should be considered an action of last resort. If you follow the steps I’ve listed above you should be able to clearly Razuvious without any problems.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Shadowwolf

Macro's for priests to use to make things easier on the fight:

/focus target
/cast [target=focus,harm] Mind Control; [harm] Mind Control
/stopmacro [target=focus,noharm]

What this will do is set your target as focused and this way you dont need to target your understudy directly once its focused to cast MC again, just press the macro button again and it will cast on that same target. This should make life easier when MC breaks and mobs are all over so you dont need to find your Understudy in a crowd of people.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

elsabet

Hi Twilight,

I have to pick my daughter up tonight at the airport so won't be able to raid past 9pm PST.  If we can schedule this boss early, I can bring my priest. ;)

Elsa

Nasanna

We have Cyron and Killapreest signed up for today so I think it's their turn to learn about mind controlling  ]:D

elsabet

Ok fine, although Cy was with me last week lol 

Quote from: Nasanna on January 24, 2009, 03:02:49 PM
We have Cyron and Killapreest signed up for today so I think it's their turn to learn about mind controlling  ]:D