3.0.8 is likely coming today 1/20

Started by Shadowwolf, January 20, 2009, 12:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Its not official, however many signs point to it.

Also...they already know they broke stuff with it:

[blizzard author=Eyonix link=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14318781195&sid=1]When the next minor content patch is released players may notice two separate issues. The warlock spell Ritual of Summoning can only be used once every two minutes. Additionally, there are some human female animation errors, specifically when using two-handed weapons or shooting with a ranged weapon. Both of these issues are actively being addressed and we hope to have a fix available shortly after the patch releases. [/blizzard]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

JohnnieRat

How do they break things that have been working for years? I don't remember patch notes ever implying that they even thought of tinkering with lock summon or human female animations

Nasanna

Also in the patch notes:

[blizzard]Ritual of Summoning: Will now create a summoning portal object which can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.[/blizzard]

So the 2 min CD is hopefully not a big deal.

dharq

It's out... Client is updating as I write this.

Nixphire

Wow, wierd. Normally the update comes on the splash screen to get the download. I had to login to get it this time.
But yeah, it's installing.

Urmyboyblue

wait, are you implying blizzard actually releases patch's? i thought those were only rumors and things people talked about when they got bored...lawl

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

elsabet

Where should I put the file?

thanks,

Elsa

un4

Elsa - download it to your WoW folder, scan for viruses, then run it.
un4

capnpop

servers not going to be up until 1:00 <time zone> (3:00 Server time)