Old World Raid Achievements

Started by Shadowwolf, January 22, 2009, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just an FYI, if anyone plans to do BWL, you will need an [item]Onyxia Scale Cloak[/item] for Nef. At some point Shadow Flame was changed since WotLK where it now will easily 1-shot any lvl 80 without that cloak. There simple is no way to heal through it as we experienced first hand last night.

I have been making some spares and depositing them in the guild bank from materials people have deposited ([item]Scale of Onyxia[/item]) from those people soloing Onyxia who skin. Thats the main ingredient for the cloak and whatever gets deposited in the gbank, ive turned into a cloak.

Please make sure if you dont already have the cloak you request one from the bank before you intend to run BWL so that you dont die =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Nixphire

That was interesting.
Considering that it killed 7 of the 10 raid members however. I would assume if who ever doesn't have the cloak stands off to the side they would be able to get away with not having one (other then the tank). And as soon as the tank has him they wouldn't have to worry about it any more.
But then again, now that we know this, it wouldn't hurt to have it before you go. But then again, I don't think BWL was planned last night. But sure was fun!

Air

I pretty much got 1 shotted when I tried tanking Nef the first time.  Amount of damage done to me was pretty impossible to heal through.  Our 2nd attempt when I got a cloak, the damage Nef was doing to me was pretty small after that.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

JohnnieRat

the shadowflame cant be ranged or los'd.  and the tank even getting hit with anything is something about how blizz tunes superelites (bosses) allows them to able to hit you even with massive level diff (17 levels essentially)

Nasanna

Quote from: JohnnieRat on January 22, 2009, 06:22:49 PM
the shadowflame cant be ranged or los'd.  and the tank even getting hit with anything is something about how blizz tunes superelites (bosses) allows them to able to hit you even with massive level diff (17 levels essentially)

Level "skull" bosses always act as if they are three levels above you in terms of them hitting you and you hitting them.

Shadowwolf

Its honestly supposed to be 3 levels above the level cap for that boss' expansion, so Nef would be technically lvl 63, Illidan 73, etc. I think tho with some of these "special" abilities like [spell=22993]Shadow Flame[/spell] which make the fights "unique" they make sure that while you can resist it some of the time, which I think is what happened to 3 of the 10 people last night, when it does hit you, it hurts. Once we all had [item]Onyxia Scale Cloak[/item]s on the fight was honestly a joke. Basically what happened tho was 7 people got hit with 20k damage plus a dot of some sort that ticked for 2k a sec and there was simply no way we could offset that with heals.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

moonras

if anymore of those scales are needed i've never finished onyxia. would be happy to go with anyone and skin for a scale for the gbank.

Grendeel

Yeah my log said i fully resisted the shadowflame.   As for the boss attacks, once he started focusing on me, i took around 6  3kish melee attacks and died.    A level 80 clothie can tank him im sure :)

un4

Shadow Flame will kill you through IB or bubble.
un4

Nixphire

I'm pretty sure Nef is a level 83. I got a few misses on him still. If he was a 63, that shouldn't have happened.
Now the damage output of Nef would be tuned to level 63, minus some of the special abilities like shadow flame. Man, I remember the first time I made one of those, it was blue, but it sure felt epic. Now getting 40 of those bad boys together to get a raid on, that was hard!

Shadowwolf

If he were 83 tho, a 60 going in there wouldnt be able to touch him. Im sure theres a certain variable with ?? Bosses, regardless of level that tunes +hit of your character to create that 1% miss rate or whatever it is.

Nasanna

Quote from: Nasanna on January 22, 2009, 06:36:21 PM
Level "skull" bosses always act as if they are three levels above you in terms of them hitting you and you hitting them.

Haderach

Quote from: Nasanna on January 23, 2009, 10:21:11 AM
Quote from: Nasanna on January 22, 2009, 06:36:21 PM

that's why there is the hit cap, since "Skull" bosses are always considered 3 levels above your level, your going too miss even with hit cap, just like all the other skull bosses in game, even zg. its designed too be a variable based on your level, that's why the boss itself doesn't have a specific level

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands