Chilled meat and borean leather farming

Started by Grendeel, January 27, 2009, 12:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendeel

From wow insider

Quotend reader ScytheNoire sent us a good tip on how to pick up not only a ton of Chilled Meats, but stock up on Borean Leather if you're a skinner, too: lowering the Reef Bull population on Scalawag Point, just off the coast of Howling Fjord. Because those guys are needed for the daily quest, the respawn rate is great on them, and within a half hour, says ScytheNoire, he picked up a couple stacks of Chilled Meat and the same of Borean Leather (with a few Arctic Furs in there as well). Just stay away from the folks trying to do their dailies and you can rack up a nice bunch of animal products.

As many players will tell you, Sholazar Basin is another great place to get both Chilled Meat and Leather, given that most of the zone is beasts (thanks to the Nesingwary quests around there). I've found that the best place over there is the Hardknuckle Foragers and Chargers near the Frenzyheart Tribe's camp -- the Foragers are neutral and go down fast, and will give Chilled Meat and Leather at a high rate, close to one per kill each.

For leather, obviously the Jormungar Cave in Storm Peaks is another good place to pick up skins, not only from the worms, which will also give you scales, but from the worgs they kill as well. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found any mobs that will consistently drop more than one leather (the Black Morass was such a goldmine for Knothide), so it's slow going no matter where you are, but there are a few good spots to hit up if, like me, you're getting Leatherworking and Cooking up to speed.

fiere redfern

As far as farming leather goes, one of my favorite things to do is run heroic VH and Strath back to back. You'll have dragonscales coming out of your ears, but the mobs have a greater chance to drop more than one piece of leather. I can easily walk away from those two runs with three full stacks of leather and a stack and a half of scales. Furs, on the other hand, are few and far between =(

Arcdelad

there are some packs of white gorillas roaming close to the frenzyheart quest hub....they arent aggresive, and you can herd up like 10-14 of them with an aoe spell and kill em down (i just swipe the crap out of them)...i dont think ive ever done that and NOT gotten an arctic fur...

Nixphire

I hate wowhead sooo much for ratting out my secrets