Updating addons

Started by Tony, September 22, 2009, 05:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Something I have been struggling with lately with all of my addons. I have found that if I update bartender or MSBT, I lose the profile that I created with the older version. Is there any way around this? I do keep DBM and other addons like that up to date, but my core visual addons are starting to get old. I need some programin lovin here guys!

Shadowwolf

how old is your bartender exactly?
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

If you have anything below Bartender 4 you will have to re-do all your bars from scratch:

QuoteFAQ

Q: How do i access the Configuration?
A: You can open the configuration with the Slash Commands (/bt or /bar) or through the Bartender4 LDB plugin.

Q: Can Bartender4 import settings from Bartender3?
A: No. Those two mods are too different to be able to import settings.

Q: Where are my keybindings? And how do i bind new keys?
A: BT3 Keybindings will not be ported over either, you have to use the new KeyBound to re-bind your keys. You can access KeyBound by its slash command (/kb) or through the button in the BT4 config. Hover a button, press key → voila!

Q: CyCircled Support? I like my button skins? :(
A: No reason to cry! There is a sparkling new skinning addon/library out there! ButtonFacade is way easier to work with as a action-bar author, and its easier to write skins for it too! Alot of cyCircled Skins have already been ported to ButtonFacade, and more are on their way! After installing ButtonFacade just use its configuration to change the skin of the BT4 buttons (/bf)

Q: How do i disable the snapping of the bars?
A: Currently, you can temporarily override the snapping by holding down the Shift Key while moving your bars, or uncheck the option in the popup when your bars are unlocked.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tony

Quote from: Shadowwolf on September 22, 2009, 05:44:27 AM
how old is your bartender exactly?

I am on version 4.4.0 of Bartender. Does Dominoes have the same issues? Perhaps it's time to switch...

What happens is when I update, it actually hides a few of my bars, and I am unable to get them back. Bar 9 is the one. I unlock all the bars, and it is no where on the screen to move or unhide. I know, I know, use a different bar. That is the one that I have all of my main CD's on and is really the only option. Macro/Keybind is already used, the reason I need to see it is the timer.

I have also tried to load the profile that I saved, it loads every bar properly, except for a few bars.

Like I said, maybe I need to switch to a different bar mod.

The same thing happens with MSBT. Loading the old profile does not work. Pretty sure everything is fine with Pit-Bul, but I usually just reload my old mods from backup before I even get a chance to really look at that one...

If you are curious to what suite I use, I use LUI from wowinterface.com

Kothnok

You could also just open up your Bartender.lua file inside your WTF Saved Variables folder (WTF>Accounts>Alexstrasza>Saved Variables (or <CharName>/Saved Variables) and edit it.  Find the bar9 and give it's x and y coordinates similar to one you can see.  When bars disappear like that, it's usually because the value is too high or low to be shown on the screen.  I don't have this addon personally, but I can download it and try to locate exactly what you would need to edit if you want to go this route.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Tony

I'll give that a shot when I get home. Thanks Koth!