3.3 Changes Poison Changes

Started by Emmalina, November 18, 2009, 10:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmalina

[blizzard]
Rogue
Asssassination

• Improved Poisons now increases the chance to apply Deadly poison to your target by 4/8/12/16/20%. (Up from 2/4/6/8/10%)

Poisons

• Deadly Poison now has an additional effect - Once stacked to 5 times, each application of Deadly Poison also causes the poison on the Rogue's other weapon to apply.
[/blizzard]

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't this equate to a pretty substantial DPS increase? And what happens if I go DP/DP? Infinite loop of poisons?

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

un4

IP and DP for long fights.  The actual application of DP does no damage, so the additional applications wouldn't help much (versus a free IP proc).
un4

Emmalina

Oh I know that DP/DP is stupid, I'm just joking that the way the change is described, DP/DP might have some strange behind-the-scenes mechanics.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Trismus

This is a substantial DPS increase I'd imagine.

It also may make 44/2/25 the best pvp spec, with WP/DP main/off. Doubling up WP procs on a target with a 5 stack that you can envenom would cause some serious damage, particularly effective against heavy plate and shaman.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Sethrow

As if i didn't hate rogues enuff already, this just tops the cake... well instead of kill the shaman in arena's it's going to be floor the rogue!

Trismus

Most rogues don't actually use Deadly Poison in Arenas actually, it's very situation and screws up our CC, so it might not end up being that noticeable. It will also mean that rogues have to play much more carefully and swap targets less, which is something that will suck against druids.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

capnpop