Toilet Politics

Started by Arcdelad, November 03, 2006, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tassie

Guys.....it's a simple thing. 

Men invented the toilet seat and put a lid on it for a reason.  Use it.  Why would it be there if we aren't supposed to use it.  It's a social convention.  Now I know being geeks, you all avoid social custom.  So perhaps the real issue isn't what your wife wants, but it's your little way of avoiding growing up and being a member of society.  Stop being rebellious. Just put the seat down.  lol :p jk.

Actually there are a few reasons: but men won't understand any of them.  So just put the seat down and call it a whim.

Luise

We solved this problem in our house- I installed another toilet in the laundry.
So now we have the girls' toilet in the bathroom and the boys' toilet in the laundry- and they always leave the seat up.

Tankgrl

But my poor sugies would DIE if someone left the lid up.  :'(

Muridin

Tassie

Genoism

Quote from: Tassie on November 30, 2006, 11:22:53 AM
Guys.....it's a simple thing. 

Men invented the toilet seat and put a lid on it for a reason.  Use it.  Why would it be there if we aren't supposed to use it.  It's a social convention.  Now I know being geeks, you all avoid social custom.  So perhaps the real issue isn't what your wife wants, but it's your little way of avoiding growing up and being a member of society.  Stop being rebellious. Just put the seat down.  lol :p jk.

Actually there are a few reasons: but men won't understand any of them.  So just put the seat down and call it a whim.
o.O does it matter that much....not like its a lot of effort either way...

Tassie

It doesnt matter to me really, but if it matters to the one you love, why wouldn't you just do it. It's a simple way to say, I love you back.  Remember, a happy wife is a happy life.  or conversely, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Darkling

That's why we have this lovely thing called 'divorce.'

Genoism

Quote from: Thingiebob on December 12, 2006, 01:29:12 PM
That's why we have this lovely thing called 'divorce.'

anyone who divorces over this has issues they need to work out. Its not a big deal for me and if asked of, i'd do it...no biggie eitherway....why get bogged down by stupid little things ya know.

Shadowwolf

Youd be amazed at what people will get divorced over these days, haha.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tassie

Be amazed at what people get married for as well.

Genoism

lol shadow...well im not one to get pissed off easily, I don't let the annoying little things in my life pile up to blow me up, I just deal with them and don't make issues out of them. My parents would have probably driven me insane by now if my mindset was any different.
I don't know a whole lot of people who got divored but I have no doubt there are some suprising things people get divorced over....as for marriage, I can prolly imagine it all :p

I'm not in such a rush to get married, gonna have to make sure I can put up with her for the rest of my life first :p Going in the mindset of 'I can always divorce' has probably alone attributed to a lot of divorces.

Gailzee

Quote from: Genoism on December 12, 2006, 03:00:45 PM
lol shadow...well im not one to get pissed off easily, I don't let the annoying little things in my life pile up to blow me up, I just deal with them and don't make issues out of them. My parents would have probably driven me insane by now if my mindset was any different.
I don't know a whole lot of people who got divored but I have no doubt there are some suprising things people get divorced over....as for marriage, I can prolly imagine it all :p

I'm not in such a rush to get married, gonna have to make sure I can put up with her for the rest of my life first :p Going in the mindset of 'I can always divorce' has probably alone attributed to a lot of divorces.

QFT

I waited for a lonnng time for the right gal to come along. I am so glad I did. My wife is awesome even if we didn't meet until my 30s. It will be five years in Feburary. I wouldn't trade my family for anything... ever.  :)

un4

I'm not sure I'm the marrying type.  I'd need to find the perfect woman first...
un4