Rotface Discussion

Started by Shadowwolf, February 14, 2010, 02:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Might be a good idea to post some tanking tips on the slimes and also for dispelling duty.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Darkstar

One thing I did notice was when two big slimes merged they dropped aggro so the tank would need to immediately re-taunt etc

Emmalina

For dispelling:

-Your general goal is to let the infected person get out of the raid, to the outer circle, and cleanse the Mutated Infection (MI). I've found that it's extremely important to stay mobile. You have to move around to dodge the slime spray and the explosion, but you must be in range of the person you're dispelling and anyone you're healing. All of these people are moving as well.

-When someone is infected, they'll usually do one of two things. Some people run straight for the big ooze. In this case I'll wait for them to get close enough to the big ooze that when I dispel MI, the little ooze will immediately merge. It doesn't always work, but it helps to try. Some people will run to the outside of the circle first, regardless of where the big ooze is, then start moving to the big ooze. In this case I try to cleanse the moment they hit that outer circle then let them carry their little ooze where it needs to go.

-If you let anyone sit with the debuff for too long, they're going to die and their ooze is going to go into crazy ass aggro mode and latch on to someone else who isn't expecting. It's better to cleanse a little early than to try to wait a few extra seconds and risk that person dying.

-Do your best to watch what's going on with the oozes. Sometimes there will be a big ooze up along with one or more little oozes. In this case you can save a lot of trouble by trying to avoid cleansing someone who is near a small ooze, which would cause multiple big oozes.

-If an ooze tank gets MI, I'll dispel them immediately.

-If you have some UI that allows you to see debuffs, make sure it's showing you Mutated Infection. Towards the end of the fight the infections are coming fast and furious and you probably won't be able to remember who all has them just from BigWigs announcements. In some cases you may think you have cleansed someone when you actually haven't, so seeing debuffs helps for that as well.

-If you're a priest, make sure you're using Cure Disease and not Abolish Disease. Abolish Disease has a 12s active cleanse mechanic that will get you in trouble if you toss it on someone to cleanse and they get MI again in those 12s.

-I usually let pallys/priests/resto shaman know that if they get infected and they move to where they want to be cleansed, they're welcome to cleanse themselves. This really only becomes an issue towards the end of the fight when there are usually multiple infections, but it prevents one of these classes from dying unnecessarily if the cleanser is out of range or preoccupied.

-If you're the cleanser, you really should know where the big ooze is all the time and what's going on with small oozes. If you get infected, there's really no reason you can't beeline to the big ooze, cleanse yourself and run away without ever having to kite. Obviously there are situations where this won't work (first MI, first MI after an explosion), but if you can minimize your time spent worrying about your ooze, you'll have more time to keep everyone else alive.

-It's going to get crazy at the end no matter what, just try to hold it together as long as you can. If it gets hectic enough that you can't really keep track of where people are, give them 2 or 3 or 4 seconds after their MI, then cleanse them with the faith that they got to where they need to be.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5