The Wiki Needs Your Help!

Started by Shadowwolf, June 16, 2011, 05:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

The call for guides I did a little while ago was clearly an utter flop, why? I really dont know. So, I am here to try and ask for your help in providing content to our Wiki. A lot of Google searches end up directing people to the Wiki for some strange reason, in a lot of cases we end up on ranked results above wowpedia.org, which is...well cool honestly. The main problem tho is that a lot of the content on our wiki is incomplete or missing entirely. This isnt just strategies which is partly my fault and I plan to try to be more proactive with that come 4.2 bosses, but lore content, game information content and so on as well.

You may or may not have noticed a lot of pages on our Wiki deal with informative stuff not pertaining exactly to strategies. For example: http://wiki.twguild.org/Ysera

Probably a ton of stuff there you never knew about Ysera before. You may also notice a lot of RED links on the page. Those are Wiki articles that dont yet exist. You could turn those red links to White ones =)

Say you're bored, nothing to do, grinding an alt or dailys isnt in you and you want something creative to do. You could do research on one of those red links and create that page and fill it with juicy content! Not only would you be doing everyone who visits it a service, but you would be learning stuff in the process.  ;)

For those of you out there not guild members, shoot me a PM on here to discuss becoming a Wiki contributor so you too can help populate those pages with information for the masses!
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lord Entropy

I've been meaning to do some auction-house related write-ups.  I'll see what I can get done in the next couple of weeks.