Warning: Graywolves

Started by Arcdelad, March 22, 2007, 11:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Just a friendly warning about a warrior named Graywolves in the guild Enigma.

I was at home with my son yesterday, so I decided to pug a couple of instances. One of those was Tempest Keep: Botanica...the party consisted of a holy priest (Kalthulu...think he applied here way back), two fire mages, Graywolves, and myself (everyone but myself were in hardcore raiding guilds). Since we had a prot warrior, I threw on the cat gear and was dpsing. With two mages in an instance wheer most pulls are 3-5 blood elves, the tanks job should have been super easy (two sheeped, worst case scenario you have 3 guys running at you). I spent a majority of my time cat form tanking targets he just abandoned (to chase another target), or popping to bear form to to help him tank things...he used sunder sporadically and  even when spamming cower I would steal aggro from him...

we did okay overall with all that DPS and CC...we beat the first 4 bosses, then got to the last boss, Warp Stalker...for anyone who hasnt fought him, he is a huge tree that does an aoe stun blast and summons 6 treants that heal him if they are not killed in 15 seconds or so. We started with him tanking...he wasnt using sunders, he wasnt tanking the guy in the right place, the mages were stealing aggro and he was running all over, aoe stunning our priest...with this boss its realeasy to reset him, but gray couldnt figure out how to do it, so i would end up bear forming, grabbing aggro, and resetting the boss when things went bad. We tried this with him tanking 10-12 times...at that point I suggested that I tank and he DPS and kill adds when they spawned...he doesnt say much, but right before I throw faerie fire on the warp stalker he says, "are you sure about this?"...I hit FF, pull the boss, and dude says "Fine...im just going to sit here then"...JUST becuase I wanted to tank it, and i was stepping into "his" teritory...he sist there the whole time doing nothing...I tank the boss, and we beat the warp stalker, with only 4 people. Then he runs over and loots the boss, hitting need on everything, including a primal nether and some cloth gear...that makes everyone mad, but especialyl me since I am trying to collect primal nethers to make primal intent gear...

this kind of selfish play really makes me mad...if I were healing (which I suck at admittedly)and another party member wanted to take over healing becuase it wasnt owrking out, I would gladly switch...not becuase I don't particularly like healing, but becuase the team needed me to do something else to make it work.

I would strongly advise not grouping with him should you ever try and puog and see him in the group...

Muridin

that a**-licking-butt-monkey! ( yea, i said it =D )

wat the hell is wrong with <Enigma>? i mean seriously, its ... its ... its ..... im lost for words just becuase its so stupid

hell, im going back to sleep ....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lynette

That really stinks, Arc.  There are some pretty lame people who play Wow, and this guy sounds like one of them. 

I know others have had problems with Enigma folks recently, but I want to go on record as saying we had one guy from Enigma tank for us last night in Black Morass.  I can't remember his name, but he seemed nice enough and did a good job tanking for us.  We cleared the instance with only one wipe to the second boss.

Definitely be wary of these guys, but sometimes you can get a decent player who doesn't pull crap like this.

Shadowwolf

Yea like any guild, theres the occasional bad egg, but these guys seem to have that as the majority based on the encounters as of late.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Buzan

Why wasn't he kicked out from the group as soon as he said what he said than just sat there...?

Shadowwolf

Good point, but im sure given the time he chose to alert everyone to his intentions of sitting around being right as the pull was made, whomever was leading probably wanted to at least try and down the boss given they tried 10-12 times, hehe. Plus if he was the leader (god help you) not much you can do at that point =(

Dont think anyone would have expected him to become a Ninja atop being a useless jerk, live and learn I guess.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Buzan

Yes indeed haven't thought about him being the party leader  ???. All I can say is I'm sorry jerks like this guy ruin the fun for casual folks who just play for fun.

Shadowwolf

If he was the leader, thankfully he didnt put it on ML before the boss fell, that would have really sucked more for everyone. Granted Needing items on stuff he cant use has all the intentions of deliberately trying to take away opportunity of upgrade for someone, but at least theres a little bit of randomness in there were he has a 50-50 or whatever percentage of people rolling need of screwing them over.

I had that same type of situation play out for me a loooong time ago way back when the server was new and I was an Officer in another guild, it was a guild member who decided to stand around and do nothing and then need roll everything after the fight was finally over. Unfortunately he didnt announce his intentions ahead of time but even if he did, id not have time to remove him from the group im sure, he just did it and I did what I could to try and accomplish the goal regardless of his behavior. Nice enough, due to politics, I couldnt kick his ass from the guild after that either, which was chalked up to just one of the many reasons I left that guild and they ended up dissolving. That made it even worse being it was someone in the same guild as the rest of the group and that he basically got away with it because he kissed the GMs butt.

Lyte

Luise

I bet that guy is on your ignore list!

Here's hoping your next run is awesome  :)

Arcdelad

actually the only people on my ignore list are gold beggars and chat spammers becuase that REALLY annoys me...people like this guy I dont care if i recieve a msg from..I can debate anyone if needs be, or choose to ignore them if its a waste of time...

buz: i wasnt in marking for this run, so i didnt have lead...but, also remember that its hard to think of stuff like that when your already engaged with the final boss of a level 70 instance, one that is hard to tank and takes a lot of finesse with the adds and such, not just a tank and spank...in hindsight that would have been the easy thing to do...

Lovica

What surprised me was how he can just "sit" there literally and not do a thing during a boss fight.

Is that really what he did?  Or was that figuratively speaking? :( Either way that kind of behavior is quite immature. 

As for needing on every single blue plus the nether is immature as well and if he's just getting back at the group then that excuse is out of the line.  Since he chose to sit out and do nothing.  Everyone else in the group was just doing their job.