nooo

Started by Aldel, September 14, 2006, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Yeah, I seen that too. %$@#!!!! (bummer!!!!). Same here. see everyone tomorrow.

Lyte

Do you guys think it was hacked?  or just problems from their update stuff?

...is it just me, or has anyone noticed this is happening on every day that Thingie schedules a raid.  hahaha!  Sheesh, you coulda just said you wanted to reschedule!

Shadowwolf

Im told thru a little birdie that the new upgrades blew up and they are performing a full database restoration for all the realms upgraded this week. Such a restoration takes approximately 8 hours from start to finish.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lyte

un4

Quote from: Shadowwolf on September 14, 2006, 07:18:02 PM
Im told thru a little birdie that the new upgrades blew up and they are performing a full database restoration for all the realms upgraded this week. Such a restoration takes approximately 8 hours from start to finish.
Owned.
un4

Shadowwolf

9 times out of 10, these problems are caused by someone ad-libbing something along the way during the update / upgrade / change process that wasnt assumed to become a problem, looked to work fine, then exploded into a catastrophe. That could have been done by the manufacturer of whatever it is that was changed, the guys implimenting the change skipping a step because "no one can tell them how to do thier job, they know it already" or someone in the daily routine of maintenence not doing something they should be doing thats new to the usual routine.

Been doing this IT stuff a long time and if it can happen, I have seen it...
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Darkling

...she missed me stealthing in and pulling the plug out of the wall....

magnetite

Someone spilled coke on Kael'Thas too. Guess I'll have to do my PVP grinding tomorrow.