Sweet new shoulders...

Started by voctovian, September 28, 2006, 08:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voctovian

Well, after several trips to visit Lord Roccor in BRD, he finally gave up his [wowitem]22234[/wowitem].  Of course, plate with +26 healing would be nice  ;), but those are hard to come by.

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Cool Voct, congrats.

I wouldnt worry about plate too much. If your healing or casting, Id consider stats more personally. I think Wind wears cloth sometimes too, I think ive seen him in a dress before =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

*whispers to Wind* just claim it was a full-body-kilt. ;)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Jandris

un4

un4

Tolwen

windsock

Quote from: Shadowwolf on September 28, 2006, 12:55:28 PM
Cool Voct, congrats.

I wouldnt worry about plate too much. If your healing or casting, Id consider stats more personally. I think Wind wears cloth sometimes too, I think ive seen him in a dress before =)

yeah. i used to wear [wowitem]Mooncloth Robe[/wowitem] but decided to trash it cuz i looked like a sissy.

if you're just healing, cloth is fine. i've been heckled for wearing mail, as its considered cheating by some paladins (QQ). i wear less armor for stats and healing bonuses only, the tier 0 and even full lawbringer set may look nice, but you can get gear thats atleast 3 times better in stats (less stamina though) just by running Dire Maul and picking up a few other +healing items.

heres a list of some other decent gear you can get..

[wowitem]The Hammer of Grace[/wowitem] BRD
[wowitem]Hammer of the Grand Crusader[/wowitem] Strat Live
[wowitem]Observer's Shield[/wowitem] Observer in DM North (better than [wowitem]Zulian Defender[/wowitem]since they nerfed the +4 mana/5 on it)
[wowitem]Harmonious Gauntlets[/wowitem] King Gordok
[wowitem]Belt of the Ordained[/wowitem] Random Scholo
[wowitem]Chitinous Plate Legguards[/wowitem] UD Strat
[wowitem]Plate of the Shaman King[/wowitem] Omokk LBRS
[wowitem]Denwatcher's Shoulders[/wowitem] Guards in DM North
[wowitem]Loomguard Armbraces[/wowitem] Kirtonos the Herald in Scholo
[wowitem]Gallant's Wristguards[/wowitem] Guards in DM North
[wowitem]Whitesoul Helm[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Hide of the Wild[/wowitem] (crafted)

[wowitem]Mindtap Talisman[/wowitem] 2nd Boss DM West
[wowitem]Second Wind[/wowitem] Golem Lord in BRD

un4

Quote from: windsockyeah. i used to wear [Mooncloth Robe] but decided to trash it cuz i looked like a sissy.
/cheer
un4

windsock

Quote from: un4given_one on September 29, 2006, 02:47:13 PM
Quote from: windsockyeah. i used to wear [Mooncloth Robe] but decided to trash it cuz i looked like a sissy.
/cheer

:P

Shadowwolf

Its honestly no different then the items I wear on Shadow for when I was previously Moonie before I respecd and now as a healer again. I mix cloth and leather all around as stats are more important then armor for the role I end up playing in groups. I look at it from the perspective of, if a Priest can heal and is limited to cloth only, and a Mage or Warlock can hand out spell damage and has the same limitation, just because I can wear leather doesnt mean its the best and only thing I should wear =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Moonkin druids are supremely huggable.
un4

windsock

Quote from: Shadowwolf on September 29, 2006, 07:32:52 PM
Its honestly no different then the items I wear on Shadow for when I was previously Moonie before I respecd and now as a healer again. I mix cloth and leather all around as stats are more important then armor for the role I end up playing in groups. I look at it from the perspective of, if a Priest can heal and is limited to cloth only, and a Mage or Warlock can hand out spell damage and has the same limitation, just because I can wear leather doesnt mean its the best and only thing I should wear =)

if i was working on +spell dmg gear for pvp i would definitely wear plate for survival... but since i'm healing it wouldnt matter if i only had 15%-20% dmg mitigation because i'm not getting hit.