I Miss My Sub 40 Ret Pally

Started by Khanus, October 14, 2006, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

I really wish paladins didnt lose a lot of their punch after 40. Esp now after a holy/prot respec I'm having trouble doing any decent damage at all, at least without burning through 4k mana for a signle mob. I know it shouldnt matter because normally we're in instances with 5 or more, but questing by myself takes forever. After all is said and done I still love my pally, even if he cant hit for junk :)

un4

If you're around 50 and you need some firepower, just yell.  I'll help ya out :)
un4

Jandris

I agree - seems to take me twice as long to get something accomplished as it does everyone else.  I personally think that blizzard hates pallys. (esp me since I always get disconnected whenever I am in an instance)  :pumpk9:

Shadowwolf

Play a resto druid and see how you feel then, hehe.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jandris

No thanks - I am not a glutton for punishment  :Bat:

dharq

Ret Pallies look a lot nicer with the expansion talents so far.. that and the fact you don't have to spec holy for the aoe.

Overall, it really looks like blizz is finally going to let hybrids be what they should've been from day 1.

Tolwen

Quote from: Shadowwolf on October 15, 2006, 12:37:18 AM
Play a resto druid and see how you feel then, hehe.

feels really bad in soloing  :'(:pumpk9:

un4

Two words for y'all:
Holy priest.

Hehe.  :Skull:
un4

Kaidelina

Hey, I played a holy priest from day 1.   I know, I know.... WTH was she thinking!  Actually, you'd be surprised at how much damage a holy priest can do.  Soloed her most of the way, no problems with mobs 2 levels above me.  Sometimes i think it was actually harder to solo my holy pally than my holy priest. :/

Bliz, you need to give some love to pallys. :Vampire:

Emmalina

Solo'ing and leveling took longer than other classes as a holy priest, but like Kaidelina said, we can do some decent damage. All my fights with elites and higher level mobs were long but my health bar was always above 80%. Smite, Mind Blast, DoT, Bubble, wand, wash rinse and repeat. Not to say shadow priesting didn't make the leveling much faster  ]:D but I never did and never have felt necessarily underpowered. Never leveled a resto drood or a pally, so I really have nothing to compare to though.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

un4

On my shadow priest I solo mobs six levels higher than me :P
un4