Druid Epic Flight Form

Started by Shadowwolf, February 07, 2007, 09:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

[blizzard author=Tseric link=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=74727492&sid=1] We have upcoming development plans which we wanted to share now, as it could impact choices that Druids might make in the immediate future regarding flying mount riding skills or purchasing epic mounts.

The regular Strom Crow form remains trainable at level 68 and moves at 60%. Also as previous, the normal flying mount skill comes with the form.

An epic quest line will be going into an upcoming patch which will grant Druids an additional flying form with increased stats. The epic flying form will move at the epic rate of 280%, but basically fall under the same conditions as the previous flight form (i.e. can't run on the ground)

However, the first prerequisite of the quest will require the epic flying mount riding skill, so it would not be a loss to Druids if they wish to purchase their epic flying mount skill now or in the near future. Obviously, one could then diversify their epic mounts beyond the Druid's casted epic form if they choose. [/blizzard]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

Dear Blizzard,

I know that we feral druids have had a tumultous past with you guys. You didn't make adequate feral gear, forcing feral druids to borrow rogue gear to make it work. Also, you gave us crappy tiered gear that pidgeonholed druids into healers or moonkin. You stiffed us weapon procs and made our weapons basically a trinket with stats on it.

However, in the spirit of druid-dom, we respect and honor your reconciliation with us. Obviously you have learned from your mistakes, and we appreciate the new era of friendship you hgave bestowed upon us. Obiously my combo of systematically slashing your tires and provide gift fruit baskets had a positive effect on our relationship.

You have recently given us ACTUAL feral gear - IE weapons and items that are undoubtedly meant for feral druids. You gave feral druids mangle to shoot our DPS through the roof, and lacerate to make us adequate tanks. You made our armor number just plain ridiculously high (18K atm).

However, the piece de la resistance as the spanish would say is your gift of flight form and riding skill. I trained flight form yesterday, and lo and behold I was delievered the free gift of riding skill to 225. Kaching back in my pocket! Now we join the beloved ranks of locks and pallys in unjustifiably getting free mounts.

And whats this just off the press? You love us so much you want to give us an EPIC flying form?!? 280% speed you say?!? Awww...you shouldnt have. But well take it :)

I would like to discuss other things you have in the works for us:

- Godzilla form, granting 50000%  armor increase and 6,000,000 attack bonus
- Pets - hunters get em, but id say were WAAAY closer to nature than they are. Lets get those too.
- Instant 100% healing any time an enemy comes within 5 yards
- 100G sell back on all grey items due to our wonderful and rich heritage.

Thank you again Blizzard - our relationship is definitely on the right track. I had some felhounds waiting for you for when you left the office today, but I think Ill call them off.

Unless you dont give us hunter pets.

Sincerely,
Feral druid-dom

Tolwen

woooooot

what arc said
+
-Dragon form
-Emerald dream
and a new travel form:D

Vengeance

LOL arc, you read my mind. But i would feel kind of guilty...not to mention that people will complain so much Blizzard will  nerf us till were back to the bottom. Anyways...will the druid epic fly form be another bird??  :-[

Arcdelad

probbaly a lockheed martin, or airwolf....

capnpop

too bad it only saves you 200g, you still need to dish out the 5000g before you can even start the quest (i think...) to get your epic riding skill...

Arcdelad

do locks get some kind of summoned flygin mount like they do for the old ground ones? pallys?

capnpop

as far as i know, nope...the WoW warlock forums have a lot of people asking for them (even if they need to pay, there's just something cool about a bird or horse engulfed in flames...)..  I'm not sure about the Pali forums..

Kothnok

ROFL!
QuoteGodzilla form, granting 50000%  armor increase and 6,000,000 attack bonus
I want Godzilla form!

So what IS our flying form?  Do we look like that flying dog in Neverending Story?  I wanna be a dragon.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Arcdelad

our normal flight form is called a storm crow....but it looks like a mean black owl.....

Kothnok

so... it's a non-flightless dark moonie?
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Arcdelad

haha...well...the moonies could fly if they weren't so fat...lay off the twinkies moonies ;)

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

un4

Muridin

im gonna trol the pally forums for any demands for a free pally flying mount....