Why you should have pity on feral druids

Started by Arcdelad, October 23, 2007, 11:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

With patch 2.3 coming out soon, there is going to be a CRAPLOAD of new stuff coming out that is FAR superior to the crafted epics or karazhan / gruuls lair drops most of us have on.

By my count, we need to save up 310 badges of justice to get these great upgrades, and thats assuming your like me and have already gotten every single badge of justice item available currently.

If the following links dont work, visit this link for details (http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=1629.0)

Chest

[wowitem]Vestments of Hibernation[/wowitem] - this can either be a great DPS cat form chest BETTER than [wowitem]Primalstrike Vest[/wowitem] or [wowitem]Shadowprowler's Chestguard[/wowitem].

or...its also a damn respectable bear form chest. 684 armor is GREAT, unless you are like me and are at the 75% armor damage mitigation ceiling.

75 badges

Feet

[wowitem]Nyn'Jah's Tabi Boots[/wowitem] - these match stat per stat and gem slot per gem slot [wowitem]Edgewalker Longboots[/wowitem] - except with better stats. Maybe the new best cat form boots in the game.

60 Badges

[wowitem]Footwraps of Wild Encroachment[/wowitem] - yes, these are good for DPS too, but they arent as good as the Nyn'Jah boots above.

BUT...these are DAMN good bear form boots - even better than [wowitem]Boots of Natural Grace[/wowitem], and you don't need to be a leatherworker to get them.

60 badges.

Wrist

[wowitem]Band of the Swift Paw[/wowitem] - these are great for BOTH DPS and for bear form....but you can only gem / enchant it one way. Stupid blizzard for putting tough decisions like this into our gaming lives...

35 Badges

Waist

[wowitem]Waistguard of the Great Beast[/wowitem] - another item that is phenomonal for both bear form and cat form, but again, you can only gem it up to suit one way. Damn dirty apes blizz!

60 badges

Idol

[wowitem]Idol of Terror[/wowitem] - besides a cool name, this is now the single best feral druid idol in the game. Your using mangle a lot in either form, and this gives mangle a chance to increase your AGI for 65 for 10 seconds. WOW...that means 4.6% more dodge in bear when this procs, and extra crit AP in cat form...just amazing

so.....in total...thats 310 badges of justice....see you guys in heroic instances and kara and such when the start dropping badges :P

LastDyingBreath

310 heroic badges is a small price to pay for finally overcoming the huge itemization cockblock that has been feral druids for a long time now.  Remember pre-BC, when the best tanking weapon in the game was a level 45 boe epic?

but yeah, lf3m heroic mech.

Vengeance

Probably not worth the grinding, Wotlk will be coming within a few months im sure...maybe February time
But if your up for THAT much grinding (even WITH raids dropping it) go ahead  ;)

Arcdelad

lol...no way the expansion is out by feb...quality, not timeliness is their motto :)

LastDyingBreath

I'd guess WotLK is at least a year away.  Even if I don't get it all, that belt is smexy and it would be nice to disenchant [wowitem]Manimal's Cinch[/wowitem]

Arcdelad

I agree Panz...that expansion is well off in the horizon...and even if it did come out in february im the type of guy who always chases upgrades, even if its only for +2 AP or .001% more dodge...

yeah...i just removed manimals cinch a month or so ago from my bear form outfit LOL...for a green level 60 quest item it sure lasted a while :P guess that shows how poor a selection blizz has given feral druids for belt choices...im using [wowitem]Veteran's Dragonhide Belt[/wowitem] now for tanking and [wowitem]Primalstrike Belt[/wowitem] for DPS (part of my set), but I also have the belt that drops off the chess event [wowitem]Girdle of Treachery[/wowitem] sitting in the bank for if i ever need to break apart my Primalstrike set and lose that +40 AP set bonus...

that belt though smokes all those items...cant wait...63 badges down...247 to go LOL

Tolwen

wow! so many good items that I want, wish I had the time to to play and get them :(
hope you guys get them all soon.
do the raids drop badges now or that'll happen in the new patch?

Arcdelad

next patch...its still being tweaked whether or not Kara and Zul Aman bosses will drop one or two badges per kill...