Ignore armor

Started by Arcdelad, October 15, 2007, 10:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixphire

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 16, 2007, 10:21:33 AM
well...could be worse...we could have to wear that mage helm....thats just cruel blizz....
Why do both you and Blizzard hate me?

Buzan

Hey Nix can't wait to see you running around with that thing on your head  ]:D!

Arcdelad

I screenshotted him with it on...

Arcdelad

....and found one of gren too...damn gnome mages

usonian

Blizz just took away ferals from arenas i think...there isnt any +healing on those gears....

The refuge set is the healing druid set, but those are resto not feral... am i missing an inside druid joke here?

Buzan

Lmfao at the Gren/Nix pics Arc!

Nixphire

Ok, here's Arc trying to be... well what he does

Arcdelad

LOL...thats right...i will claw your ankles if you get too close...

about dep's post...dep is REALLY overexagerting the effects of the new season 3 gear...

yes...they removed the plus healing from the arena sets, like in the following items:

[wowitem]Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves[/wowitem]
or the season one [wowitem]Gladiator's Dragonhide Legguards[/wowitem]

I have actually seen people like Shadow and Johnie Rat ask me why I am putting on Resto gear when I put on my [wowitem]Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders[/wowitem], becuase people are immediately drawn to the INT and plus healing, and bypass the fact the items have huge amounts of AGI, STR, STA, ARMOR, and RES - the hallmarks of great feral druid gear.

So...they took away +healing in the season three set...well..that really only matters if your trying to be a hybrid arena druid like depressing does, where you spend as much time healing and cycloning as you do mangling and maiming...

if thats your style great....although i still have serious doubts that the plus healing amounts on the S2 and S1 feral sets really helps THAT much...

for druids like me, i go into the arena and pounce, mangle, maim, and stack bleeds all day long, drop one of the opposing team FAST, and THEN heal myself or my fellow group members if needed...i can usually drop an opposing team member, throw a quick regrowth on myself or someone, then go back into cat and thats all I need to do - just one shift and usually just one heal...the bonus healing on the old sets HARDLY is worth the extra +100 healing or whateer i would do on that ONE heal...

I instead stack up AP, CRIT, STA, and look for some +RES on the side for the arenas...it works well so far...our 2v2 team just hit 1647 rating ive been able to go in and drop people FAST...

actually...id say the S3 items make feral druids even harder to deal with...they now stack "Ignore armor" on our gear, fattened up the +STR and +AGI, and put a cool equip bonus on the gloves where my maims will now stop all spellcasting from that group of spells for three seconds...that, IMO, is really a HUGE edge...that means I can now maim a caster, go to town on it right away, and they cant cast spells of the type i interuptted for three seconds...imagine a holy pally that cant heal for three seconds or a lock that cant cast shadow spells for three seconds....i can do a lot of damage in those three seconds :)

to misquote mark twain, "The reports of my(our, as ferals) death have been greatly exaggerated"

Vengeance

Yeah, i suppose it really matters on your play style...but feral druids have to act hybrid to really get anywhere in arenas...gladiator gear is obtainable from pvp, which means it should benefit MORE for pvp then for pve (meaning it can benefit pve GREAT but not BETTER then pvp)...truthfully, i thought +healing on glad gear was useless when s1 first came out...then i learned why, and then turned more grateful to blizzard for buffing feral druids in that aspect, and so i figure this change was due to the amount of people complaining gladiator gear shouldnt have any +healing on it or intel and replace it for pve stats, like hit rating and str/agi...and now they added all that (except s3 has lower STR then agi)
Geez, druids can be so...discussed on!  :o

Arcdelad

the merciless glad gear is actually as good or better than T4 gear for bear tankage in some cases...

For bear tanking, [wowitem]Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm[/wowitem] is better than [wowitem]Stag-Helm of Malorne[/wowitem], and [wowitem]Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders[/wowitem] are better than [wowitem]Mantle of Malorne[/wowitem].

Opposite though, [wowitem]Gauntlets of Malorne[/wowitem] are better than [wowitem]Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves[/wowitem], and [wowitem]Greaves of Malorne[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Breastplate of Malorne[/wowitem] are better than the S2 counterparts.

So...yeah...its PVP gear, but its still some of the best PVE bear tanking gear out there. I personally am wearing two pieces of T4 and two pieces of Merc. glad gear so I get both set bonuses (extra rage and +35 to resilience).

Arcdelad

I also just read this as a possible upcoming change:

"(1) If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that ability.  This means that you can shift from one form to another in one action.  If you don’t have mana to shift form, you will get an error message and remain in your current form.  This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift "

man is this bad news for me and my clumsiness....I can just imagine myself erronously hitting Abolish poisen during the Gruul boss fight or something and inadvertantly shifting to elf form while tanking gruul so that I can abolish poisen that isnt even there LOL

...but....check this out:

"Leatherworking

Increased the range at which you can gain leatherworking skill from crafting drums.
Reduced the faction required to obtain Drums of Battle and Drums of Panic.
Drums can now be used while shapeshifted."

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....ever seen a feral druid who can mass fear your arena team? you will very soon :) woot for a druid fear and a new druid buff ([wowitem]Drums of Panic[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Drums of Battle[/wowitem] respectively)

Nixphire

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 23, 2007, 07:05:40 AM
I also just read this as a possible upcoming change:

"(1) If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that ability.  This means that you can shift from one form to another in one action.  If you don’t have mana to shift form, you will get an error message and remain in your current form.  This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift "

man is this bad news for me and my clumsiness....I can just imagine myself erronously hitting Abolish poisen during the Gruul boss fight or something and inadvertantly shifting to elf form while tanking gruul so that I can abolish poisen that isnt even there LOL

...but....check this out:

"Leatherworking

Increased the range at which you can gain leatherworking skill from crafting drums.
Reduced the faction required to obtain Drums of Battle and Drums of Panic.
Drums can now be used while shapeshifted."

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....ever seen a feral druid who can mass fear your arena team? you will very soon :) woot for a druid fear and a new druid buff ([wowitem]Drums of Panic[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Drums of Battle[/wowitem] respectively)

Can't use consumables in arenas ;P
Also /console autoUnshift 0 to turn that first part off. You forgot the zero :pumpk3:

Arcdelad

well...piss in my cheerios nix...thanks :P  :Bat: :Werewolf: :Bat: :Werewolf:

I will fear bomb yuo in duels though :P  :Pumpkin: :Werewolf:

Arcdelad

Some notable things going on for 2.3:

- Heres a link to the complete look for the ZA sets...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php#zasets

First question...how the HELL do pallies see when their entire face is COVERED and have no eye holes?!? Second question, how quick can we get this into felani's hands to cover her fugly face?!?!?

- hunter minimum attack ranges are now 1 yard!!! i saw a tooltip pick of aimed shot and it said 1-35 yards...means dagii wont have to take attumen's charge solo now LOL

- there are going to be some heroic daily quests that yield you some badges of justice...score!!!

fiere redfern

Finally, a druid set that doesn't make me look like an idiotic bird or a bloody ROCK of all things!