smooth rollin'

Started by Arcdelad, October 10, 2007, 09:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

thank you and grats to the kara group last night...we rolled through attumen, moroes, maiden, big bad wolf, curator, and the shade - in 3.5 hours, with only ONE wipe (once on the shade - we did get him down pretty low that first time)...

both kara groups are getting this place down very well...grats again to everyone last night, that was very smooth and a lot of fun

fiere redfern

Buzan

Huge grats everyone, matter of time before Gruul and Magtheridon fall.

Also once we are pretty confident that Prince Malchezaar is on farm status let's hit Netherspite and Nightbane please.

Shadowwolf

We tried Nightbane last Sunday, got him to 70% but people were worn out by the time we got to him =(
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Buzan

70% while everyone was completely burned out is not bad at all.

He goes down soon, no worries  ;D.

Shadowwolf

Excellent progress these last few weeks guys. Everyone deserves kudos for all the hard work even those not in Kara this week.

Nightbane fell this weekend finally. Which leaves all but one boss we havent killed yet in Kara, Netherspite. We tried a good few times on the weekend run but the fight seems a tad complex and some of the information provided in the videos seems outdated apparently.

Trying our hand at Nightbane, we wiped a good number to him, seems he comes with a bit of luck like the Prince has, just more on the damage he does to the tank. Crushing blows for almost 9k suck, so do successive hits for 4-5k each within 1-2 sec of each other =(

At any rate, last try for the night, he went down, with one casualty due to his AOE when flying. Skellys claimed Koth at the last 50% of his life but we managed to pull through and avenge his death =)

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Atop all that, we were able to tear through all the bosses except Netherspite and Nightbane on Saturday within 5 hours. Prince and all, which we got lucky with Infernos and 1 shot him down with no deaths =)

King Mulgar is next come Friday, congrats to everyone in the guild. Prince is falling 2 times a week now and we are rolling through Kara pretty quickly now. Keep up the good job everyone.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Air

WTF...

I see no healing gear dropped.  You sure you guys actually took nightbane down?  ;)

Big congrats to everyone involved. ;D
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

LastDyingBreath

Quote from: Airplay on October 14, 2007, 10:20:48 PM
WTF...

I see no healing gear dropped.  You sure you guys actually took nightbane down?  ;)

Big congrats to everyone involved. ;D

felani stole my freaking brestplate :(

Arcdelad

grats everyone....awesome run!!!

Nixphire

Great work, he's supposed to be the "hardest" boss fight (objectionable of course). Good to see Archmage Vargoth helped you out too! He's pro!  ;D

Buzan

Huge congrats to everyone involved in that fight.

Sorry I had to miss it :(.

fiere redfern

Amazing, awesome job everyone!

Ereeguar

Arcdelad

both groups now are just ripping apart kara..the B run cleared the place this last weekend, and on our first night last night the A run cleared everything through the chess event with just one single wipe on the Shade - everything else was one and done and move on...

more importantly, though, this wasnt the typical "hey..that thing that always drops that noone wants" night...we had some drops last night that we dont see that often that meant some great upgrades for people. I havent sent shadow the loot link so she could post the loots at the bottom of the front page (damn lazy druid), but here are some highlights:

Alloura - in just his second trip to kara, picked up [wowitem]King's Defender[/wowitem]. It shoudl also be noted that Trismus and Allo tied a roll for this item, but Tris, seeing it was a true tanking sword and that it represented a nice upgrade for Allo, passed on the reroll and wanted to Allo to have it. This type of action is what twilight is all about.

Dagii - finally, after months and months of only getting rom and jules, we got the oz event and this dropped for him - [wowitem]Legacy[/wowitem]

Tyrisa - she got these, which are a HUGE upgrade for her, and also something I dont think ive ever seen drop (could be wrong though) [wowitem]Pauldrons of the Solace-Giver[/wowitem]

Mathregena - grens priest got kara attuned yesterday, and walked away with [wowitem]Gloves of Saintly Blessings[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Bands of Indwelling[/wowitem] on the SAME day, meaning gren's effort to help the guild with anothr available healer got a nice jump start :)

Kaylasb - everyone lately has been talking about the "Two T4 set piece" club...well..Kay is now the only member of the "Three T4 set piece" club :) He finally after months got the glove drop off of the curator.

Trismus - he kind of got it by default, but its a first piece towards his tanking backup set - [wowitem]Emerald Ripper[/wowitem]

Avarus - wow...I cant think of a more deserving guy to have the night he had...was a great night to be a healing pally :) he walked away with some great upgrades...i cant remember them all, but the highlights are [wowitem]Bracers of Justice[/wowitem], [wowitem]Pauldrons of the Justice-Seeker[/wowitem], [wowitem]Pendant of the Violet Eye[/wowitem], and [wowitem]Triptych Shield of the Ancients[/wowitem].....WOW...again, couldnt happen to a better guy.

And, beyond loot stuff, Trismus made his first visit here and Alloura made his second...both did phenomonal....great job guys

Part 2 is tonight...starting with the prince :)

kaylasb

:Vampire:  I agree Arc, was a great run  :Werewolf:  But i am 100% sure that I only have 2 T4 pieces hehehe, maybe the prince will drop the T4 helm and no one needs on it  :hallo6: Great job everyone!  :Fosters_Pack: