Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Merry Christmas
Last post by Zario - December 24, 2013, 01:09:12 PM
Hey everyone!  I wanted to drop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, happy holidays, a joyous festivus, and so on.  I miss you all and am just realizing this is my first Christmas in about 8 years I won't be spending with you guys.

I'm hoping to catch up with you all someday, maybe in Hearthstone or one of the new MMOs.  Until then, happy hunting.
General Tech Support / Re: Raif is being cheap.
Last post by Shadowwolf - December 13, 2013, 08:35:16 PM
Yes sometimes being cheap doesnt pay off in the end and can end up costing you more. Especially in the realm of technology. Automotive is another one of those areas where being cheap doesnt always work well.
Last post by Raif - December 09, 2013, 06:40:03 PM
Thanks, i guess ill be less cheap then
Last post by Shadowwolf - December 06, 2013, 08:57:36 PM
If the router doesn't have firmware that supports a relay mode for Wifi and you cant flash it with a custom OS that does like DD-WRT, you cant make it a relay (range extender). You cant make-shift it either because giving it the same name of your main wifi network will cause conflict and connection issues.
Last post by Kothnok - December 06, 2013, 10:34:38 AM
I... have no idea. :-\   Sorry
General Tech Support / Raif is being cheap.
Last post by Raif - December 05, 2013, 01:42:41 PM
Fist off, let it be said that WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That is all.

Nextly I picked up a cheap TRENDnet wireless router hoping to thingamajiger it into being a range extender.

Everything website on google that i saw on the subject says check if it is supported by some firmware called DD-WRT when it is go on and do that.

But no one tells me when im NOT supported what my next steps are.

I WILL run a cat 5e from one to the next if I have to, just wondering what my options are.