wotlk pvp and maybe "guild" pvp!!

Started by Tolwen, October 11, 2008, 12:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolwen

Enjoy:)
[blizzard]Future of PvP / New Announcements
Strand of the Ancients is getting changed from 10vs10 to 15vs15. The amount of Vehicles is also being doubled.
They also want players to be able to level up in battlegrounds through XP rewards in addition of honor. Daily quests will also be added.
In the future, players will be able to queue in Arenas and Battlegrounds from anywhere in the world.
They want to bring back competition into Battlegrounds, they're working on a new rating system to help with that and are also working on a way to let guilds compete in battlegrounds.

Ring of Valor - Orgrimmar Arena
This arena has always been in Orgrimmar but just wasn't used. They like to keep the Arenas in the "real world" instead of having a portal just like a regular instance.
The main features of this instance are the animated platforms moving up and down at non-random intervals. (Developpers don't want anything random in Arenas)
There are also walls of fires going on and off periodically, going through them will give you a 10% damage DoT. Getting crowd controlled in the fire won't get you killed, the fire DoT effect will be restricted to 3 ticks in this case.
The other important point with this Arena is the starting location, teams start very close to each other and enter the Arena through elevators slowly going up before the match begins.

Dalaran Sewers Arena
The main feature of the Sewers is a huge pillar of water at the center of the main platform of the arena. The water is activated periodically and will knockback anyone in its way. As long as it's on you will be able to fight very close to it but you will get knockbacked again as soon as you touch it.
Players starts in pipes above the level of the room, to prevent people from staying in these pipes without being reachable there is a mechanic pushing them out of the pipes at the beginning of the match.

Strand of the Ancients Battleground
Strand of the Ancients was created to provide players with an attack/defend PvP map. Developers also wanted to take advantage of the new destructible buildings technology.
When your team is attacking, the time required to take the enemy's fort will be the time given to the defending team on the next round to capture your fort. Attacking faster will make it harder for the other team to win the round once they're on the attacking side.
Currently, Strand of the Ancients is a 10vs10 battleground. In a few days it will be changed to a 15vs15 battleground and the amount of vehicle available here will be doubled.

Lake Wintergrasp
Lake Wintergrasp was created with the goal to have a popular non-instanced PvP Zone, developers want hundred of players fighting here and a lot of work was done to make sure that zones won't crash when it happens.
Just like SOTA, Wintergrasp will feature an attack/defend gameplay where the attacking team attacks and capture a fort at the north of the zone by breaking fortifications with siege weapons.
You will have to gain ranks to be able to use siege vehicles from factories (also capturable) in the zone, these ranks are earned by killing enemy players and they were added to make sure that all players are participating in the match. Right now it only takes 2 kills to get the first rank.
The current timer for Lake Wintergrasp is 2 hours 30 minutes between matches and a match shouldn't last more than 30 or 40 minutes.
The faction controlling the fort will get a free portal to teleport to Dalaran (and also one in Dalaran to teleport to Wintergrasp), an access to The Vault of Archevon featuring a new raid boss dropping both PvE and PvP gear (1 day reset timer), and all bosses in instances will drop spirit shards used to buy rewards from vendors in the fort. (Mounts, patterns, etc ..)[/blizzard]

Haderach

It sounds like they are trying to do what warhammer has done where you can queue for pvp anywhere you are.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Iliessa

I was thinking the same thing and I'm very surprised they've decided to implement it. Too often I find myself irritated with the amount of time I spend on the game in comparison to what I have yet to get done. Any corner cutting that they add to the game to cut back on time spent drumming your fingers on your desk is a godsend.

They also stated this: "Developers also wanted to take advantage of the new destructible buildings technology."
That makes me think of the trailer for Diablo III. Very awesome idea. It should add quite a bit of flavor to the game, if it's used in the same manner that Diablo does.

capnpop

[blizzard]Lake Wintergrasp
Lake Wintergrasp was created with the goal to have a popular non-instanced PvP Zone, developers want hundred of players fighting here and a lot of work was done to make sure that zones won't crash when it happens.
Just like SOTA, Wintergrasp will feature an attack/defend gameplay where the attacking team attacks and capture a fort at the north of the zone by breaking fortifications with siege weapons.
You will have to gain ranks to be able to use siege vehicles from factories (also capturable) in the zone, these ranks are earned by killing enemy players and they were added to make sure that all players are participating in the match. Right now it only takes 2 kills to get the first rank.
The current timer for Lake Wintergrasp is 2 hours 30 minutes between matches and a match shouldn't last more than 30 or 40 minutes.
The faction controlling the fort will get a free portal to teleport to Dalaran (and also one in Dalaran to teleport to Wintergrasp), an access to The Vault of Archevon featuring a new raid boss dropping both PvE and PvP gear (1 day reset timer), and all bosses in instances will drop spirit shards used to buy rewards from vendors in the fort. (Mounts, patterns, etc ..)[/blizzard]

From what i've heard about this pvp zone it has the potential to be one of the best.  They are implementing an auto-balance to it so that if one faction is massively outnumbered (or even minimally outnumbered) they receive a boost to stats to make it "fair."  This boost can be up to 300% of your normal stats if you are outnumbered enough.  at that point if you come across a single enemy you are invulnerable....(even 2-5 enemies will find it hard to take down someone with at 300% stat boost)

Nixphire

Quote from: capnpop on October 23, 2008, 10:42:42 AM
From what i've heard about this pvp zone it has the potential to be one of the best.  They are implementing an auto-balance to it so that if one faction is massively outnumbered (or even minimally outnumbered) they receive a boost to stats to make it "fair."  This boost can be up to 300% of your normal stats if you are outnumbered enough.  at that point if you come across a single enemy you are invulnerable....(even 2-5 enemies will find it hard to take down someone with at 300% stat boost)

The thing I don't like about this is that this zone is less about skill and more about numbers, or lack of numbers to make up for it.

usonian

QuoteThis boost can be up to 300% of your normal stats

All we have to do is figure out how to get out of the zone with this and we'll be able to down any boss!

Arcdelad

[blizzard]Quote from: Wryxian (Source)To shorten the queues and provide greater access to warfare between factions, we are currently working on combining existing Battlegroups of different languages, with the aim of creating Battlegroups with higher populations. This change will affect both Battlegrounds and Arenas. Players from realms of different languages will only face each other as opponents in battle and will not be playing on the same faction in Battlegrounds, which will ensure that those playing on your side will speak the same language as you.

Please note that not all Battlegroups will be merged with another, and this feature will not be affecting the Russian-language Battlegroup. More details on this upcoming change will be provided as development nears completion.

To clarify, people from another language realm will only be opponents. Opponents may also be from your realm or other realms with the same language as you. [/blizzard]

Como se dice "kek"?

Tolwen

that's only for Europe servers though...

Liege

Quote from: Nixphire on October 23, 2008, 12:06:57 PM
The thing I don't like about this is that this zone is less about skill and more about numbers, or lack of numbers to make up for it.
Like AV has become? lol

Trismus

Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.