Resistance Armor Kits

Started by Arcdelad, January 23, 2008, 09:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Since we are getting into the territory where resistances are getting incresingly important, I want to let everyone know I can make the following resistance kits. These can be put on a chest, legs, hands, or feet, so if you were to do four that is an additional +32 resistance to that type of damage.

[item]Pattern: Arcane Armor Kit[/item]
[item]Pattern: Flame Armor Kit[/item]
[item]Pattern: Frost Armor Kit[/item]
[item]Pattern: Nature Armor Kit[/item]
[item]Pattern: Shadow Armor Kit[/item]

fiere redfern

Why does it seem like the mats have been switched, between the primals in Shadow and Nature kits and the primals in the Flame and Frost kits O.o?

Kothnok

Because you need balance.

Water helps you resist fire.
Nature helps you resist Shadow.
Fire helps warm you to resist frost.
etc.

Arcane is the oddball since it is its own opposite.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

You would think that it would be Shadow to resist Arcane. Being Arcane magic is considered "light" and Shadow is considered "dark". Best example would be Mages and Warlocks. Mages are "light" magic dealers, locks are "dark" magic dealers.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

Whomever thought it up used Nature = life magic, Shadow = death magic, arcane = neutral (can be used for good or evil).  Though this explanation ignores holy spells.  They probably wanted to use holy, but realized there's no primal holy drops ;)  Otherwise I'd see Shadow vs. Holy and  Nature vs. Arcane as being opposites.

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.