No specced healer? No worries!

Started by Arcdelad, February 20, 2007, 07:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Lately it has become incresingly harder to get a healer in our runs, so I would like to propose a solution that worked out wonderfully for me in a tough instance.

We had Gren, myself, Buz, muridin, and Odija in a group for sethekk halls. In thsi 5 man group you have zero people specced for healing, but three people who can heal. What we did in thsi case, was we had gren call out his VW, and have myself as MT with gren's VW and Od's pet as two available OT's.

For healing, we had BOTH mur and buz heal...since they arent full capacity healers, we just simply split the healing load in two - buz had me, gren, and gren's VW, and mur had Od, od's pet, and both pallies.

This method gives you three tanks, two big time DPSers, and probably 150% healing vs a 100% fully specced healer. Any loss of DPS by the pally healing is compensated by the ability to stand up longer and have longer fights.

It worked out PHENOMONALLY. This is an instance that I have run with Lyte as a healer, and with BOTH kaid and voc in the group, and those runs did not go smoothly at all, whereis this one i want to say was wipe free, with us killing both bosses the first shot.

This method can work with: Hunters and Locks in any combo, and druids, pally's shadow priests, or non-restro shammies  as two healers.

Arcdelad

On a side note though...when are you coming back Voc and kaid?!?!?!?! heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

voctovian

Hmm, all these darned grinding quests are hard on pallies.. kill 2 things, drink for a minute, find more things to kill, repeat.  It is very slow going.  Not being a feral druid who can one shot non elite mobs, these quests take time  :)

I am happy to come for runs, but I hate being too low for instances... I always seem to be 1000 mana and health too low it seems. :(  Both Sethekk Halls and Shadow Labyrinth were very tough for just that reason.

The strategy you describe holds true even with healing spec'd toons, the easiest runs seem to have about 25-30% healers.  This means 5-6 healers for 20 mans, 2.5-3 for 10 mans, and 1.5 for 5 mans.  As you describe, that can represent either a dedicated healer with an offheal, or 2 non spec'd people.  For bosses in 5-man dungeons, 2 healers are usually better than having an extra DPS.  Indeed, locks and hunters are wonderful to run with... having an extra party member is great, if a death is inevitable, better to be a pet than a toon.

Genoism

i'm kinda hurt that u didnt mention hunters that heal...i mean...c'mon can you solo one of those underbog giants ^_^

Jandris

I agree with Voctovian, I am finding the guest/grind slow going. I have always perferred being the "extra if needed" healer, since it seems I never have quite enough mana.  Thank heavens for bandages too  ;) As always this guild is inventive and not afraid to attempt new things or ways of doing things. Congrats on your run. :D

un4

A shadow priest in shadow form while DPSing like mad (preferably with Imp. Vampiric Embrace) and a pally make an almost unbeatable pair of healers.
un4

Vengeance

Thats a nice strat. Though, I always look for healers when forming a group. Even with 2 non-specced healers, things can work out horribly. That, I know...

Lyte

This is an instance that I have run with Lyte as a healer, and with BOTH kaid and voc in the group, and those runs did not go smoothly at all, whereis this one i want to say was wipe free, with us killing both bosses the first shot.

mind you, this was first time in the instance.  Noone really new what to expect on bosses...

Vengeance

wowwiki ftw!
yes, when im in my own made groups im the one explaining the strat...  :(