how wow almost killed me

Started by Arcdelad, January 05, 2007, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

I am an unabashed forum junkie...I admit it...I love reading everyones posts..and tyoically if my char is in flight in the game I am alt tabbed and am here...

but...my new job came with many great incentives...they washed my car, took me to lunch 3 days this week, and gave me a palm treo wirless phone that gives me my work email instantanouesly and lets me surf the web........now...I'm an english guy, but lets do some quick math....twilight forum junkie + wireless internet on 5" screen + long commute equals.................

I was reading a post yesterday, while driving in the rain, when I looked up and saw the ass of a ford f250 about three feet from me while I was going still...I slammed on my breaks and came about 1" from said truck....

the irony and pathetic nature of my addiction though is that I just typed this whole thing while....er....driving ;)

so...my wife despises wow...therefore when they are peeling my charred corpse from the wrexkage of my toyota, I bequeth my wow account to the guild bank...

ill be back monday onlone...grats on killing hakkar again...sounds like zg is something we have down pat....

Shadowwolf

um...I appreciate the fanaticism with the site, lol, but not at the expense of your life. =(

Why on earth are you reading websites driving?
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Emmalina

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Luise

Maybe Shadow could work something out with you Arc - bann you from the forum during driving hours.
I'm stressed just by reading this post of yours - please don't read and drive...it's not just your life you are putting at risk..there may be innocent children in the car you hit - and then you may spend a lifetime regretting reading while driving.

un4

Quote from: Shadowwolf on January 05, 2007, 04:52:25 PM
um...I appreciate the fanaticism with the site, lol, but not at the expense of your life. =(

Why on earth are you reading websites driving?
QFT.
un4

Kothnok

I don't know about Chi-town traffic, but if it were San Francisco or LA traffic, I can totally see it.  Those places have it so bad you can hold a tailgate party while driving.

Though I'm with everyone here Arc... please take the 12-step program and get off the whole reading-while-driving kick you have.  I'd much rather group with you in WoW than read a forum post about how you're in the hospital (or worse). :P
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Kaidelina

Yikes!!!

Arc, arc, arc.....not worth it man.  There is a reason why cell phones are banned from use while driving in certain states.

We want you back, playing with us, alive and well.   :snowman_smiley:

Jandris

Arcdelad - bad boy - like Luise said - think about all the children. What would your kids do without their Dad. Save the reading for the bus or train. *mutters & they talk about women*

Arcdelad

lol....first of all, thank you for everyone's concern...it has been very touching...

second of all...I know its pretty idiotic to read while driving....I have a new toy, I used it, and now its just part of my reportoire....I am a pretty smart guy despite my penchant for gagetry abuse...I do know that life is more important than reading the message board...luckily I am not that dense ;)

on that note, I just checked out of rehab after undergoing 13 weeks of electroshock treatment and something the nurses reffered to as clockwork orangation...I no longer use anything technological, nor do I bath...and somehow I like to crochet....

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jandris

hehe you must have done your rehab in Jersey -so come work with me - you would fit right in - the patients smell as if they never bathe & the "technology" we use is at least 30 years old. The crocheting will come in handy for when we run out of blankets. (all this is true - I swear!)  Now you know why I am clueless most of the time - I wouldn't even know how to work your new toys  :snowman_smiley:

JohnnieRat

The 12 steps for Arc.

1.We admitted we were powerless over forum trollingâ€"that our lives had become unmanageable.
2.Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3.Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Flying Spaghetti Monster as we understood Him.
4.Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5.Admitted to Flying Spaghetti Monster, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6.Were entirely ready to have Flying Spaghetti Monster remove all these defects of character.
7.Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8.Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9.Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10.Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with Flying Spaghetti Monster as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to forum trollers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

Remember: admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

PS: I miss the leg Lamp

un4

Have you been touched by His noodly apendage?
un4

JohnnieRat

Quote from: un4given_one on January 07, 2007, 08:08:23 AM
Have you been touched by His noodly apendage?

Just in a wierd morning mood and for some reason the flying spaghetti monster from the whole teaching evolution or creationism in schools deal popped in my head... i may need professional help :)