Arctic Region Pictures...

Started by Shadowwolf, February 04, 2008, 02:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

A friend of mine works on a science research vessel that is essentially an "ice breaker" ship which travels the arctic regions of the world a few months every year to survey geologic...well stuff. I get pictures every once in a while from him via email when he can send em (his ship has a limited satellite hookup for email so hes only allowed to send so many). I thought I would post them for people in case anyone was interested in this type of thing.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf

vakiller

ha ha ha ha ha penguin and beer lol thats hilarious

fiere redfern

That's really cool, Shadow =) The Arctic's a pretty interesting place, what with all that's going on geologically and meteorogically nowadays.

Jandris

Thanks - great pics
Lots of changes going on there, makes for interesting times.

un4

That's intense, thanks!

More proof that Shadow has friends... everywhere :P
un4

Vengeance

Those were some great pics, thanks for the post  :D
Though I'm not really interested in penguins...after being forced to watch March of the Penguins 2-3 times, I began an endless hatred, dark and intense for them...the movie was just to...uninteresting for me  :(

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

kajunlady

really cool i hope that you dont mind but i saved some on my computer i really love these kinda pictures. and the stuff behind them. thanks so much for shareing

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Muridin

those orange jumpsuits, as i have been told, are nicknamed .... cant remember, well its along the lines of condoms anyhow...

Luise

I love penguins- thanks Shadow...it brought back memories from 23 years ago..when I was seriously thinking of working as an engineer in Antarctica.