I thought getting a hole in one was impressive...

Started by Nasanna, March 06, 2008, 09:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasanna

But this guy beat that

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-golfer-birdkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

I blame the bird. You'd think a wild animal would take off pretty quickly when golf balls were repeatedly launched at it... Though it was kinda dumb of Tripp.

Telfurion

Screw that crap...big deal.  I know that sounds ignorant and lame...but seriously, these animal rights groups are getting ridiculous.

Gutboy

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Grendeel

I think Dave Winfield was charged in Toronto for throwing a ball and killing a bird, while playing a baseball game.  I forget what happened but it seems he just had to pay a fine.  This incident and the video Gut showed is accidental and no charges should have happened imo.     The Golfer in Nas' link intentionally tried to hit the bird and kill it.   I guess if u think its ok for someone to get upset at a bird and kill it because they are making noises in their natural habitat, while u tape a tv show, then this charge is absurd.  I on the other hand think its incredibly cruel and down right ignorant to think u have a right to kill a bird because it is making noises while u film a tv show.  :(

Trismus

I agree with Gren.

the baseball video is the brid's fault.... it flew in the way, no malice involved.

The golfer tho, after he almost hit it any normal person would have thought "oh #$%^, screw this". Clearly a bad judgement call. Fine him, discipline him, and forget about it imo. Cruelty should NOT be tolerated and should be punished according to severity. That guy made conscious decisions and ought to suffer the consequences. It's not like it is any secret that behavior is wrong.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Telfurion

Whats the difference between this and stepping on a bug on the sidewalk.  It too is just living in its natural habitat.  Or even if ants are in your house, is it wrong to kill them because they need to survive by eating your food?  Or is it simply because the bird is physically larger than ants?  The difference in their levels of intelligence and awareness are negligible.