a cute story.....

Started by kajunlady, March 08, 2008, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajunlady

My family and I went shopping this afternoon and went to rent some kiddie movies and on the way out there were some girl scouts and at first my 3 year old only notices the COOKIES when she looks up and sees a man in dress blues, all of sudden she turns to her daddy and I and says " Look daddy, That man, that man hes a hero just like you!" (its so strange sometimes to see what kids know and remember she hasnt seen anyone in dress blues in a very long time. ( since she last seen her dad in them  and i cant even remember when that was..lol)) The man turns to us and asked did you teach her to say that to all military? we said no and he just bent down to my daughters lvl and said ty sweetie and shook her hand.

i just found this cute and sweet and though i would share.. but granted that started an hour conversation between my husband and the man.. oh well what can you do right?..lol

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Alassana

Aww, that really is an adorable story! =) It made me think of this lolcat though for some reason...

JohnnieRat

I'm going to go out on some guesses... being "Kajunlady" I assume that Louisiana plays a role there somewhere. If so, I assume that you're at Ft. Polk. If so... I am soooo sorry.

kajunlady

actually JR, Hubby abd I were born in Lousiana he was stationed in N.C. camp Lejune ( spelled it wrong).. Hubby has been out now for a while, we only go to ft. polk to get camies so he can hunt in....lol

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Kothnok

very cute KL =)

Ala, that pic reminds me that my brother's squadmate has a cat over in Iraq that is bright orange-red that they keep around their barracks named Punkin.  My brother called it Pumpkin and she chastised him saying, "It's not Pumpkin! It's Punkin!  You have to say it all cutiefied!"   ::)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Telfurion

Is your husband deployed KL?  I'm in AF ROTC and would like to talk to him if he isn't.