Potions, Elixirs, and Bank Tabs

Started by fiere redfern, May 26, 2009, 08:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

Hey guys,

If you've logged on in the past week or so and checked out the raid pots tab of our in-game bank you might've noticed something; compared to the other tabs used for raiding, it's looking quite a bit emptier than usual. Now, I know there are many fewer herbalists and alchemists in the guild than there are chefs, and not all of those who are alchemists get helpful procs from making potions or elixirs. I also am not about to ask anyone who isn't to level one.  :P

What I would like to ask of those of you who -are- pot masters or elixir masters is that when you are farming herbs for your own purposes, to please consider farming a few extra herbs for the guild bank. Whether you choose to make pots of the extra herbs and donate that way or just donate the herbs themselves is your choice, but if even a few people make a few pots, it'd go a long way toward refilling the tab for those who do not have a pocket-alchemist and are looking at spending far too much money for their buffs.

Additionally, when retrieving pots for raid purposes, please only take what you will use that raid or return any unused pots at the end of the night. That too will help out your other guildmates and make less work for those who are actively refilling the tab.  :)

On a separate, though related note: I want to ask all of you who raid or use pots from the bank tab what your most-used potions, elixirs, and flasks are. Some folk may not know what to make if they do farm herbs, so it'd help if there was a general list they could look at.

Thanks!

Haderach

Ill Probably start throwing in some flasks and stuff in the Gbank, I make a ton all of the time, so with the few people that ask and have mats and stuff, I'll start farming up some extra flasks and such, since they made the mats a bit more simple, I'll throw some in this week.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

un4

Those of you who are not herbers or alchemists and use the raid pots tab should strongly consider buying your own from time to time and donating them.  Otherwise, help out the alchies as best you can... quid pro quo.
un4

Riddlerr

I always thought the tab for pots were more to take/borrow  if u didnt get the chance to get some for a raid and refill when you can.  It seemed to be that way back in BC days but never really paid attention to the log.  Now it seems to be a different story....

With that being said I can see the biggest issue is being able to obtain frost lotus which the drop rate has really been lowered and range around 40g in AH. Meanwhile the flasks are going for about 20g each.

Fleecy

Anyone who raids with me knows I always have a ton of different elixirs with me should anyone need, most times I will make this well known before a boss fight or at the beginning of the raid.  If I happen to notice you don't have a flask / elixir active before a boss fight I will ask you if you need one most times (not always though because I may not notice or because I figure if you need something you will ask me). 

I may not have a specific one that you want, however most times will have a different one that will work as a substitute... ex: I may be asked for [item]Elixir of Mighty Fortitude[/item] however offer a [item]Guru's Elixir[/item] because I don't have the Fortitude one with me.

I do this because at times people forget to buy some, or didn't have time / money... I do this without being asked, simply because I want to. 

I donate some to the guild bank as well when I have extra.  Recently I haven't had much time for farming herbs, so I don't have extra to put in the guild bank, however I plan on restocking some shortly. 

Also, I would like to add, if you aren't a herbalist / alchemist you can also donate some of the vials needed to make the pots / flasks / elixirs, now I'm not saying that everyone should all run to the nearest Alchemy Supplies vendor and buy a bunch of vials, but maybe have one or 2 people toss a stack of the [item]Imbued Vial[/item] or a stack of [item]Enchanted Vial[/item] to help those of us that are supplying the herbs to make the pots / flasks / elixirs to refill the supplies.

The flasks I am running into the problem with because of what Cy mentioned above... GG blizz  >:( :

Quote from: Riddlerr on May 27, 2009, 03:08:19 PM
With that being said I can see the biggest issue is being able to obtain frost lotus which the drop rate has really been lowered and range around 40g in AH. Meanwhile the flasks are going for about 20g each.

Even my own personal stack of is dwindling down atm because of the lack of lotus dropping when I do have time to gather some...

In a nutshell, please, please try to give back when you can, and like Fie mentioned return any that go unused.

Thanks guys   :D