Main Menu

Recent posts

Website Fixes and Changes / Dec 2023 - MFA Authentication
Last post by Shadowwolf - January 02, 2024, 01:39:01 PM
Long time coming I know but forum has been upgraded and now you can opt to set up MFA authentication using a phone app on your forum account for added security.

You can find these options in Account Settings > Two-Factor Authentication
General Tech Support / Re: Downloading latest Flash w...
Last post by Shadowwolf - December 22, 2020, 10:12:50 AM
Just a heads up if anyone still uses these links:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Flash going away Jan 12, 2021
Recruitment / How to Apply
Last post by Shadowwolf - June 27, 2018, 11:32:41 AM
If you are looking to apply to our guild, please contact someone online within the game to discuss things further.

To make things easier, a roster of our current members can be found here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/alexstrasza/Tw%C3%ACl%C3%ADght/roster
General Tech Support / Ventrilo migrated to Mumble
Last post by Shadowwolf - April 07, 2018, 02:45:53 PM
Just a heads up, I migrated the Ventrilo server to Mumble. Mumble offers better sound quality as well as lower latency for any folks on limited bandwidth connections and all.

Included in the connection post is a link to setting up and using Mumble. Please let me know if there are any issues.

https://forum.twguild.org/index.php?topic=14765.0
Website Fixes and Changes / Dec 13, 2017 - Shutting down t...
Last post by Shadowwolf - December 13, 2017, 12:00:24 PM
Hey all,

Im going to shut down the Wiki. The maintenance headache to keep up with versus the actual use we get from it is far too high now. We havent really used it since Cata so no point to it anymore.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to it, was a boon when we were in full swing.

At some point I may put a static archive of it up for historical purposes but right now its better to just shut it down.
Website Fixes and Changes / Nov 28, 2017 - Forum Functions...
Last post by Shadowwolf - November 28, 2017, 07:03:16 PM
Google +1 Button = No one uses Google+ and Google has kind of taken the "Dont be evil" concept and thrown it in the trash, so removing the integration hooks.

Google Member Map = Barely used and again, less Google snooping around, the better I feel.

Forum Arcade = I know, I know...probably not something some would have wanted to see go but its loaded with holes because it runs via Flash and Java. Considering the infrequent use of it (discounting the infrequent use of the forum as a whole), I felt it needed to go.
Website Fixes and Changes / Nov 27, 2017 - Main Site Under...
Last post by Shadowwolf - November 27, 2017, 07:25:32 PM
Just a heads up,

I am upgrading and changing the main site some. Its old, running old code (which is likely vulnerable) and I figured it would be wise to upgrade while doing the decommissions of other components on the site.

Hope to have it back up and running shortly but no estimated timetable.
Website Fixes and Changes / Nov 27, 2017 - Removed: Event ...
Last post by Shadowwolf - November 27, 2017, 04:37:15 PM
Just a heads up, the following features have been removed from the site.

Event Signup = Broken and since no scheduled events have been taking place for quite a while, seems unnecessary. Should the guild become more active again in membership, will likely use the in-game signup solution or look to upgrade/replace the old signups.

DKP (RPS) Listing = Again, since guild runs are not taking place and activity is extremely low, seemed unnecessary to keep a loot drop listing. Plus the data contained within it was very old. Keeping it active would only serve as potential exploits to the site.

Guild Bank Listing = Since we really dont have a guild banking system like the days of old using alts and now use the guild bank tabs in game, this seemed another old and unneeded system.
Warcraft Discussion / Re: WOOOOO New patch, and raif...
Last post by Raif - December 11, 2016, 07:00:10 AM
Seems this is a recurring theme as I was about to post another one of these

Where are we?
Website Fixes and Changes / Wiki upgraded (10.16.2016)
Last post by Shadowwolf - October 16, 2016, 08:55:36 PM
Just an FYI, Wiki has been upgraded. Looks a little different as I fix and tweak some things. Lots of improvements and changes from this version to the last so lots of things kersploded.