Bad experience in Scarlet Monestary...

Started by Shadowwolf, May 19, 2006, 11:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Urgh,

I hate using forums for this type of thing but I thought I would post it so you all were aware and it hopefully doesnt happen to you.

Rundown is I ran SM with 4 other people on my mage, all of whom are members of TemperedFate. First hallway in the library the rogue (Souloflife) runs and starts attacking 2 mobs, up comes the hunter patrol and it aggros and pulls 2 more mobs with it, so now we have a total of 6 things on us. Because of this, I sheep the hunter and AOE the rest to try and slow them down and take as many as possible. Well, the party leader at the time (Saintt) tells me to and I quote "Never AOE in an instance, it will aggro the whole place". Now this is funny because no one ever told this guy how hard Stratholme is if you dont have AOE, but continuing on.

We get past the dog master and move on, suddenly I get booted. No explanation, nothing, and at first I thought it an accident, till I saw the insulting emotes and words that followed shortly thereafter as shown in the attached screenshot.

After I port, they all claim in tells to me that they had no control, the party leader (now Souloflife) did it and hes a guild officer. Lovely. So, I sent a mail to the guild GM complaining and let them all know I did, only to recieve tells from Souloflife continuing to insult me, call me a "noob" and on and on. So much so I had to report him and put him on ignore. Following him, I get tells from the rest claiming it was a joke, to take it easy, these things happen a lot in this game, its normal, telling me im acting like a child for being upset, etc etc. I think they just got nervous that I complained and wanted to try and get me to not, who knows.

If those guys are reading this, which I doubt, that kind of thing isnt funny. You treat people like that and no one will group with you and it gives your guild a bad name which in turn results in the same, no one wanting to join or run with you. So if thats your goal, by all means, keep it up.

Getting booted from a party if I had been warned I would be for whatever reason is one thing, which didnt occur. Secondly, let that reason be just, not something of personal preference. And last, dont add insult to the situation with emotes making it seem intentional as that just makes the whole thing worse then it needs to be. If anyone is acting juvenile, its the people who were behind this little incident.

Its a tad early to say how it will be handled, but I hope the GM will do something. If thats how officers in that guild act, I feel bad for anyone who joins it and it makes me concerned of how the GM is.

(Note*  The Tea thing there i believe, not 100% sure, is an attempted insult at me letting them know i was going AFK to make a cup of tea as we waited for the last party member to arrive. Also the insults continued on from that cap, but I figured one would give the general idea. I wasnt about to take 5 shots of all of them, hehe.)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

Jeez, wtf if right.

"just a joke" my ass.  not funny. not funny at all.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Lyte

That's horrible.   I don't get why people act so mean sometimes.

Shadowwolf

Like I always say, most of the time its because they have the mindset of "I dont ever have to see these people face to face, so who cares what I do to them" and so they do what they want and act out that way. Its sad but thats pretty much what it is.

Oh, and ran SM last night with a group, AOEd my little gnome behind off, nothing bad happened. In fact, not one wipe.

Sadly those ppl the other night are just ignorant and another bunch of the "I am a self proclaimed WOW expert" types who think they know it all and want to lecture people on how to play thier class. Mages AOE, thats what they do best, heh. If they didnt, they wouldnt have so many AOE spells.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Latest update on this is I got a tell last night from TemperedFate's GM. Really nice person. Apparently this idiot who was giving me hell yet again the other day after this incident in SM was impersonating a guild officer and doing this sort of thing to other people. The GM told me he got a lot of complaints and booted them from the guild.

Just FYI, stay clear of:

Souloflife = Night Elf Rogue
Truruffryder = Gnome Mage

or basically anyone in the new guild they started "Mary Jane". They seem to have taken all their friends who got booted from TF into that guild.

Those are the trouble makers.

Taternuts

I'll keep an eye out for em, i've been a victum of countless shit like this and it can't be stood for, thanks for bringing the names shadow

Luise

Hi everyone,
This is my first post.
Thanks for the advice. I think we need a general spot for pain in the neck characters.
I'd also like to warn you folks about a guy whose name begins with A (sorry can't remember the rest)- he/she invited me into his group and when I spoke to him - he replied with "me China" - so I thought no worries, he can't speak English but I'll help him. He raced ahead to grab the gold (mining) leaving me fighting trolls, then when we both rolled greed for an item (and I won it) he kept asking me "give me". I got annoyed and left him after a while.

I just wish that some people were less greedy.

On a positive note- I've met lots of kind and generous people in the game.

bye for now

Luise